Syntax for updating the BIOS using Afudos

In a new computer build based on a P4C800-E mobo, I have attempted to update
the BIOS from whatever was resident in the mobo to the newest ver. 1016 and
used the recommended newer ver. 2.07 Afudos installer to no avail (with
afudos.exe and P4CED16.ROM files both on a DOS start-up disk for
WInXP)--booted to DOS and tried a variety of small changes to the syntax and
it will not take the update--cannot find file or does not like the syntax.
For this quasi noob, I would hope that somebody would let me know what
syntax they successfully used to update the BIOS to 1016. The syntax that I
thought was supposed to be used as per directions on page 4-2 of the manual
was:

a:\>afudos /i<P4CED16.ROM>

Suggestions and solutions welcome.

MikeSp

"Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In a new computer build based on a P4C800-E mobo, I have attempted to
update
> the BIOS from whatever was resident in the mobo to the newest ver. 1016
and
> used the recommended newer ver. 2.07 Afudos installer to no avail (with
> afudos.exe and P4CED16.ROM files both on a DOS start-up disk for
> WInXP)--booted to DOS and tried a variety of small changes to the syntax
and
> it will not take the update--cannot find file or does not like the syntax.
> For this quasi noob, I would hope that somebody would let me know what
> syntax they successfully used to update the BIOS to 1016. The syntax that
> thought was supposed to be used as per directions on page 4-2 of the
manual
> was:
>
> a:\>afudos /i<P4CED16.ROM>
>
> Suggestions and solutions welcome.
>
> MikeSp

Pretty close! The correct syntax is: A:\>afudos /ip4ced16.rom
Good luck.
Jon

Thanks Jon--will give that a try (out of frustration, I used the Asus EZ
Flash method and found that the RAID setup and Boot sequence were changed in
the BIOS setup...does a new flash of an Asus mobo change what is already set
up in the BIOS--it did not in other mobos in computers I have worked on)?

Mikes.
-------------------------------------
"condraj" <condraj1spamtrap@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > In a new computer build based on a P4C800-E mobo, I have attempted to
> update
> > the BIOS from whatever was resident in the mobo to the newest ver. 1016
> and
> > used the recommended newer ver. 2.07 Afudos installer to no avail (with
> > afudos.exe and P4CED16.ROM files both on a DOS start-up disk for
> > WInXP)--booted to DOS and tried a variety of small changes to the syntax
> and
> > it will not take the update--cannot find file or does not like the
syntax.
> > For this quasi noob, I would hope that somebody would let me know what
> > syntax they successfully used to update the BIOS to 1016. The syntax
that
> > thought was supposed to be used as per directions on page 4-2 of the
> manual
> > was:
> >
> > a:\>afudos /i<P4CED16.ROM>
> >
> > Suggestions and solutions welcome.
> >
> > MikeSp
> >

> Pretty close! The correct syntax is: A:\>afudos /ip4ced16.rom
> Good luck.
> Jon

Jon--many thanks--it worked!!!! Whereas using the Asus EZ Bios Flash method
that loses some or many of the settings in the BIOS setup (have a feeling I
about lost my RAID 0), using the Afudos method, the BIOS settings are not
changed. Now if I could only find where the BIOS version is stated so I can
just check to see that the BIOS has been upgraded.

MikeSp
----------------------------------

> Thanks Jon--will give that a try (out of frustration, I used the Asus EZ
> Flash method and found that the RAID setup and Boot sequence were changed
in
> the BIOS setup...does a new flash of an Asus mobo change what is already
set
> up in the BIOS--it did not in other mobos in computers I have worked on)?
>
> Mikes.
> -------------------------------------
> "condraj" <condraj1spamtrap@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > In a new computer build based on a P4C800-E mobo, I have attempted to
> > update
> > > the BIOS from whatever was resident in the mobo to the newest ver.
1016
> > and
> > > used the recommended newer ver. 2.07 Afudos installer to no avail
(with
> > > afudos.exe and P4CED16.ROM files both on a DOS start-up disk for
> > > WInXP)--booted to DOS and tried a variety of small changes to the
syntax
> > and
> > > it will not take the update--cannot find file or does not like the
> syntax.
> > > For this quasi noob, I would hope that somebody would let me know what
> > > syntax they successfully used to update the BIOS to 1016. The syntax
> that
> > > thought was supposed to be used as per directions on page 4-2 of the
> > manual
> > > was:
> > >
> > > a:\>afudos /i<P4CED16.ROM>
> > >
> > > Suggestions and solutions welcome.
> > >
> > > MikeSp
> > >

> > Pretty close! The correct syntax is: A:\>afudos /ip4ced16.rom
> > Good luck.
> > Jon

"Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In a new computer build based on a P4C800-E mobo, I have attempted to
> update
> the BIOS from whatever was resident in the mobo to the newest ver. 1016
> and
> used the recommended newer ver. 2.07 Afudos installer to no avail (with
> afudos.exe and P4CED16.ROM files both on a DOS start-up disk for
> WInXP)--booted to DOS and tried a variety of small changes to the syntax
> and
> it will not take the update--cannot find file or does not like the syntax.
> For this quasi noob, I would hope that somebody would let me know what
> syntax they successfully used to update the BIOS to 1016. The syntax that
> thought was supposed to be used as per directions on page 4-2 of the
> manual
> was:
>
> a:\>afudos /i<P4CED16.ROM>
>
> Suggestions and solutions welcome.
>
> MikeSp

Just type afudos with no argument and it will give you the correct syntax.

TRENDING THREADS