Sign in with
Your question

Pittsburgh Steelers

Last response: in Sports & Wellness
August 7, 2011 12:40:40 PM

The Pittsburgh Steelers will win their seventh Super Bowl title this year! :D 

More about : pittsburgh steelers

August 9, 2011 5:41:52 AM

Oh god...I'm a 100% Baltimore Ravens fan, don't get me started on the steelers.

I'll never forget when Haloti Ngata flattened out Rothlisbergers face, I still have that game on my DVR.
August 9, 2011 11:35:06 AM

I'll never forget when Hines Ward jacked up Ed Reed!I love when they play,they are always great games!!!!!
Related resources
August 9, 2011 4:40:38 PM

Every ravens and steelers game costs me about 2-3 years of my life. Ravens always start out strong but after the first half just drop down...its horrible to watch.

We are playing the steelers first week next season! I'll be sure to come back here and post about that if we win :) 
September 11, 2011 9:16:36 PM

Hello! From the looks of it, area51reopened, the steelers just got

DEMOLISHED

by my baltimore ravens.

Take That!

7-35, thats practically a blow-out.

I'll be waiting for week 9 when we meet again :) 
September 11, 2011 9:45:07 PM

Playoffs....where flacco chokes!
September 12, 2011 3:24:42 AM

I'm not sure if you watched the game today, but a quarter couldn't possibly play better than flacco did today. He completed almost every pass, he passed with some ridiculous accuracy to Boldin, and he got like 3 touchdowns.

And secondly...even if flacco chokes, we have Ray Rice who is one of the best RB's in the league and we have Mclain who is one of the best of FB's in the league supported by an amazing offensive line.

The thing about the ravens is that we have one of the best defense's in the league if not THE best...we have a a *good* passing game and an *amazing* running game.

We'll see about the playoffs, still have some time.
September 13, 2011 12:37:31 AM

The Stillers need to forget about this fiasco of a game and prepare for next week. Payback is hell and the Ravens finally got some. They did look pretty unstopable but the season is young.
Here we go Steelers here we go!
September 13, 2011 1:40:58 AM

That game was one of the best Ravens performance's I've seen in a while. Our defense did phenomenal.

Our cornerbacks did a great job covering the receivers, our safeties had the backfield in a stranglehold entirely and our defensive line absolutely tore apart the steelers offense which lead to bad passes and interceptions by our defense.

Our offense did a great job also. Our offensive line did amazing at protecting flacco in the pocket...he had 5seconds+ on many plays I think. It gave him time to give great passes to Boldin. Our offensive line also opened up holes for Ray Rice with perfect precision. Despite of steelers amazing "rush defense", we demolished them on the play by play basis.
September 16, 2011 4:41:09 AM

It was a tough start to the season, but it happens. The strike and the lack of OTA's etc... hit some teams harder than others. I look for the Steelers to have a decent season and at least make the playoffs.
September 20, 2011 10:03:32 AM

I have watched my first "football" play this week on french tv, late night \o/
Miami Dolphins vs New England Patriots (but i didn't see Dan Marino)
It could have been more interesting with someone teaching me the rules during the game, but it was funny watching those guys running around with a 60lbs armor on their back.

If USA played rugby (for real), they could have a really good team.
September 21, 2011 1:18:15 AM

I can tell you any rule you want to know!
September 22, 2011 10:57:27 PM

blackhawk1928 said:
I can tell you any rule you want to know!

Thx! ^^
and good luck: i don't get ANYTHING about the yellow flag.
September 22, 2011 11:59:57 PM

A referee throw a yellow flag on the field for any penalty. Once the flag is thrown, after the play, the referee's discuss and announce the penalty (both what happened, who did it, and what will happen, ie loss of yards). If the penalty is before the ball is snapped (ie encroachment or false start), the play stops in its tracks. If the penalty is committed midst play, they wait for the play to end and then announce.

There are about 100 billion zillion different kinds of penalties in football and each of them has an entirely separate set of punishments such as loss of yards, loss of downs, ejection from game...etc...).

I can get a lot more specific if you need.
September 23, 2011 3:12:59 PM

Thanks guys!
I'll be ready for the next superbowl.

blackhawk1928 said:

There are about 100 billion zillion different kinds of penalties in football and each of them has an entirely separate set of punishments such as loss of yards, loss of downs, ejection from game...etc...).

I can get a lot more specific if you need.

This is the main obstacle for me, i think.
September 24, 2011 3:56:55 AM

If you watch a few games you'll start to get things, especially the various penalties.
September 24, 2011 4:21:11 PM

It took me about an entire season to understand every single rule, penalty, and overall understand what is going on in the game and way. I cannot think of a more complicated game than football.
September 24, 2011 11:46:25 PM

Speaking of complicated, I'm not sure how some of those guys remember all of the plays, routes, checks, etc... It makes you appreciate how smart someone like Peyton Manning is.
September 28, 2011 6:39:52 AM

buwish said:
Speaking of complicated, I'm not sure how some of those guys remember all of the plays, routes, checks, etc... It makes you appreciate how smart someone like Peyton Manning is.

Quite same in rugby, i think. Even if rugby is a little more "free" during the game.

I've watched Cowboys - Redskins yesterday. Was funny again, i get more rules.
November 15, 2011 12:54:22 AM

The steelers suck, and their offense is led by a rapist. They're going nowhere this year.

As long as the Ravens have a conservative offense, they won't either. Their defense isn't as good as it used to be, and their offense is iffy. For crying out loud, they just got beat by the lowly seahawks.
November 15, 2011 12:40:48 PM

That's the way the Ravens have always been.They always lose the game after a big win!
November 15, 2011 5:48:11 PM

Not really...its just that we play good against good teams and we play bad against bad teams, because we think its going to be easy so the team thinks its a joke. Then we end up losing.

Our weakness is overconfidence.
November 15, 2011 6:59:45 PM

blackhawk1928 said:
Our weakness is overconfidence.

And a inconsistent/decent QB, mediocre receivers, and poor tight ends, among a few other things.
November 15, 2011 11:16:11 PM

After Bengals and Ravens losses this week the Steelers are still in the hunt. Let's see how it plays out.
Dave
November 15, 2011 11:17:41 PM

Steelers back in first in the AFC north where we belong!!!!!!!!!!!
November 15, 2011 11:19:08 PM

Sorry I forgot to add - HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO
Dave
November 16, 2011 12:56:40 AM

aford10 said:
And a inconsistent/decent QB, mediocre receivers, and poor tight ends, among a few other things.

Well thats what I meant...when playing a hard team...everybody plays like a champ...but when we play a bad team, everybody day dreams instead of playing. Our inconsistency....comes ultimately from our overconfidence.
November 16, 2011 1:36:47 AM

I just don't understand how anyone can root for a team with Roethlisburger on it.
November 16, 2011 6:17:19 PM

2 Super Bowls and counting that's how!
November 16, 2011 7:15:29 PM

Their titles weren't really because of him. He was a game manager, with a fantastic defense, and good RB's.

That's like saying 'it's ok Mr. Sandusky. Keep coaching. It's no big deal.'
November 16, 2011 7:16:32 PM

Trent Dilfer did the same for the Ravens!
November 16, 2011 7:22:18 PM

Except Dilfer didn't have a problem keeping his hands to himself.
November 16, 2011 7:25:38 PM

He is a top 5 quarterback with two rings and has never been convicted of anything! :D 
November 16, 2011 8:00:37 PM

He's having to throw more now, because he doesn't have the same kind of running game and/or defense. He's putting up better stats, but the team isn't doing as well.

OJ was found innocent too.
November 16, 2011 8:25:51 PM

Secondary is not good because of william gay,very soft coverage
November 17, 2011 12:15:04 AM

Ravens have one of the best if not THE best defense. Our offense though has some problems. Our line is pretty decent, Receivers are mediocre, our running game is excellent, and our QB (Flacco), is one of the best deep passers in the league...but doesn't do well under pressure, and isn't as good on short passing...and considering we don't have very much deep threats...it doesn't add up.
November 17, 2011 12:24:55 AM

That's a pretty fair assessment of the Ravens.

I would say that Boldin is a pretty serious threat though. I just don't think Flacco is a high quality QB. He's decent, but not upper echelon. The defense used to be rock solid, but now is starting to falter a bit (still very good).
November 17, 2011 6:28:49 PM

Yeah Flacco is not good at pressure in his pocket, and if he escapes the pocket its a lost ball. Also short passing isn't his stronghold although it should be since he is very tall and can clearly see past his line.

Boldin is *okay*, but he is possession, he isn't fast enough or built as a deep threat.

However flacco is an elite deep passer...his 20, 30+ yard passes can only be surpassed by drew brees and a few others. Peyton Manning is not a good deep passer, worse then flacco at that.
November 20, 2011 12:55:58 AM

Ravens sweep the series but can not seem to close the deal.
We will have to see how this plays out.
Once again Here we go Steelers here we go!
Dave
November 20, 2011 4:17:50 AM

November 20, 2011 5:54:16 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Romo is a loser!

:lol:  But he's not a rapist. [:aford10:5]
November 20, 2011 5:55:35 AM

BEN HAS NEVER BEEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME!
November 20, 2011 6:03:52 AM

Look, I have a BA in criminal justice.....I've done hundreds of hours of time in the courthouse....studied all kinds of cases (probate, district, circuit, civil).....I know how the system works, but obviously I wasn't there.

It's hard to prosecute a case, when your victim won't testify. The prosecutor will not authorize the expense of a trial, when the star witness won't testify (she gets more from 'off the record settlements'). Ben was seen by several people in the bathroom with the girl, while his 'boys' were standing outside the restroom. She couldn't leave, and nobody was getting in.

One incident....sure, maybe....but he's had more than 1 'incident'
November 20, 2011 3:00:19 PM

On a serious note,he should have never been in those situations.Hopefully he has grown up a little!
November 23, 2011 1:05:16 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
On a serious note,he should have never been in those situations.Hopefully he has grown up a little!

Agreed.
As a big Steeler fan I was hugely disappointed with Ben's actions. Let's hope he really was innocent and has learned.
Dave,
still a huge fan "Here we go Steelers here we go"
December 14, 2011 11:48:38 PM

Once again
Here we go Steelers here we go!
Dave
December 15, 2011 12:35:30 AM

Number 7 is coming , bye bye Packers!
!