  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 24, 2004 1:22:33 AM

Hi!

Anyone here who can tell me what has been changed in
the beta bios? Who's using it? Comments?

TIA!

More about : p4p800 deluxe beta bios 1017

June 25, 2004 12:03:21 AM

Im using this beta. Seems to work a OK.

BUT I dont know what the changes
are. ASUS only note the changes in the releases not
the betas.

"Chris" <palm_iiix@aon.at> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Anyone here who can tell me what has been changed in
> the beta bios? Who's using it? Comments?
>
> TIA!

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 25, 2004 12:03:22 AM

Don't you have a P4C800 Paul ?.
In that case, the 1017 (BETA2) for P4C800 (800-E and 800-E deluxe) is:

"Fix Prescott Locked CPU cant run to highest frequency.
Updata Intel RAID BIOS v3.54. Support new CPUs.
Please refer to our website at:
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.as...
Fix the issue that Logitech QuickCam "
Accordint to: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asus%20p4cx.htm

For P4P800 800-E and 800-E deluxe:

Do not use old version Afudos.exe to flash BIOS.
Must use new Afudos.exe which is included in zip file to flash BIOS.
Using ASUSLiveUpdate to flash BIOS,you need
to upgrade ASUSLiveupdate to v 5.22.02 or later before flash BIOS.
Please do not use Ezflash for updating this BIOS
unless the pre-loaded BIOS is of version 1014 or 1015.
Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website
at: http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.as...
Fix Logitech USB QuickCam cannot work under Windows 98.
Update Intel RAID BIOS to V3.5.0.3003.
------
Could it be the answer.. Guess I just learned the BIOS is much the same.
Still baffled you Paul would try it without a clear testing agenda. ;)
I guess you don't use your P4 for medical research, Banking management or
Civil Engineering, designing bridges and high towers.... ;O)

Thanks for mentionning the new hot thing...
What new CPUs ?? Enlighten me please.
TIA

>Paul wrote in message ...
>Im using this beta. Seems to work a OK.
>
>BUT I dont know what the changes
>are. ASUS only note the changes in the releases not
>the betas.
>
>"Chris" <palm_iiix@aon.at> wrote in message
>> Hi!
>>
>> Anyone here who can tell me what has been changed in
>> the beta bios? Who's using it? Comments?
>>
>> TIA!

June 25, 2004 12:03:23 AM

In article <ELqdneqTdfZiv0bdRVn-uA@look.ca>, "James Bald"
<Rutherford@NOSPAM.ever> wrote:

> Don't you have a P4C800 Paul ?.
> In that case, the 1017 (BETA2) for P4C800 (800-E and 800-E deluxe) is:
>
> "Fix Prescott Locked CPU cant run to highest frequency.
> Updata Intel RAID BIOS v3.54. Support new CPUs.
> Please refer to our website at:
> http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.as...
> Fix the issue that Logitech QuickCam "
> Accordint to: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asus%20p4cx.htm

<<snip>>

There is more than one Paul in the group. Check the other header
fields to distinguish them.

Paul

!