Philips PSC605 Sound Car

help

I got my pc about 8 months ago, some package deal, but when i got it i had no sound, i phoned the company several times and they didnt understand why, they sent a service agent out who replaced my sound card and yeah at last i had sound, but after a few weeks had passed i noticed that the sound wasn't coming out of all my speaker and that he had bypassed my new sound-card and was running the sound through my motherboard.
So i had a play about trying to make my sound card work but wasn't happening, in the end i took the sound card out, and ran my music through my mother-board. Managed to get my mother board to run my surround sound but its really crackley.
I ve just put the sound card back in, disable my the one in my motherboard and uninstalled the driver, put in the cd to run the drivers for the new sound card which runs but keeps stopping i get the error messsage: Pleas insert the compact disc labeled "philips WDM Audio Driver Disc" into your CD-ROM drive (D:) and then click ok. The thing that im stuck on is that the driver disc for the sound card is in the CD-ROM drive which works, i even tried downloading the drivers for the philips web-site and still get the same responce.

Can anyone help???

Cheers Mic

I would go out an purchase a more common and reliable soundcard.... one from
either Turtle Beach or Soundblaster.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com