P3C-E Picky about RDRAM used?

I'm having problems getting this board to work with 2 different RDRAM
modules (seperately, 1 at a time but with the ASUS CRIMM installed in each
case). From reading the manual its acceptiable to populate just RIMM slot 0
with PC800 RDRAM and a continuity RIMM (CRIMM) in slot 1, thats what I've
don't yet the board constantly reboots prior to POST. I've tried both a 512
MB module RIMM and 128 MB and neither seem to work (although the 128 MB one
will at least let me get into the BIOS), both modules are non-ECC.

Do these RIMM based boards need extra power requirements? I'm using a 350
Watt Nexus PSU and a Pentium III 700 MHZ Slot 1 CPU with just the ATI Radeon
AIW (original) installed - the same PSU was working fine with more items and
the same CPU under my VIA based mobo. I've seen bebooting prior to post as
being power related on previous occasions with other boards eg when I
installed a power hungry PCI VGA card in my old Pentium Pro board.

Is there a fix for this and can anyone please post any experiences getting
such a set up working.

Paul Murphy
(Buckinghamshire, UK)

For anyone interested, I've solved the problem. I installed a pair of PC800
64MB RIMMs and flashed the latest BETA BIOS onto the board. It now works
perfectly with my single 512 MB PC800 RIMM and C-RIMM and it also correctly
detects the P III 667EB CPU I'm using.

"Paul Murphy" <p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm having problems getting this board to work with 2 different RDRAM
> modules (seperately, 1 at a time but with the ASUS CRIMM installed in each
> case). From reading the manual its acceptiable to populate just RIMM slot
0
> with PC800 RDRAM and a continuity RIMM (CRIMM) in slot 1, thats what I've
> don't yet the board constantly reboots prior to POST. I've tried both a
512
> MB module RIMM and 128 MB and neither seem to work (although the 128 MB
one
> will at least let me get into the BIOS), both modules are non-ECC.
>
> Do these RIMM based boards need extra power requirements? I'm using a 350
> Watt Nexus PSU and a Pentium III 700 MHZ Slot 1 CPU with just the ATI
Radeon
> AIW (original) installed - the same PSU was working fine with more items
and
> the same CPU under my VIA based mobo. I've seen bebooting prior to post as
> being power related on previous occasions with other boards eg when I
> installed a power hungry PCI VGA card in my old Pentium Pro board.
>
> Is there a fix for this and can anyone please post any experiences getting
> such a set up working.

Paul Murphy
(Buckinghamshire, UK)