Noob question

What is CS Source and how does it differ from the earlier version(s) of
Counterstrike?

I can't seem to connect to any Source servers.

Cheers,

AB
10 answers Last reply
More about noob question

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:18:48 GMT, AB <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote:

    >What is CS Source and how does it differ from the earlier version(s) of
    >Counterstrike?

    It is the new version that comes with Halflife 2. Same gameplay but
    with updated graphics and physics.

    > On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:18:48 GMT, AB <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote:
    >
    >>What is CS Source and how does it differ from the earlier version(s) of
    >>Counterstrike?
    >
    > It is the new version that comes with Halflife 2. Same gameplay but
    > with updated graphics and physics.

    Yup much improved graphics and a brandnew physics engine.... it means when
    something gets shot or blown up it is effected in a much more realistic
    way..... CSS its the way to go.........

    Thanks

    AB

    Reaps wrote:
    > "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:18:48 GMT, AB <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>What is CS Source and how does it differ from the earlier version(s) of
    >>>Counterstrike?
    >>
    >>It is the new version that comes with Halflife 2. Same gameplay but
    >>with updated graphics and physics.
    >>--
    >>Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
    >>Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
    >>please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
    >>Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
    >

    > Yup much improved graphics and a brandnew physics engine.... it means when
    > something gets shot or blown up it is effected in a much more realistic
    > way..... CSS its the way to go.........

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks
    >
    > AB

    I played CS 1.6 since around beta 5ish, anything else just wouldnt do!

    That is, until CS: Source, which makes CS 1.6 look like a kids game, it
    really is much better in many ways (even if grenades bounce off of a pixel!)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    don't be fouled by half answers AB, CSS is currently riddled with cheats.
    Something Valve are working on with beta testing their new anti-cheat code
    but it isn't out yet. Think cs 1.3 and you might get the idea. The new
    code should be at least a good deterant though, Valve said in a news letter
    that anybody caught will be perma-banned from all pure servers and lock by
    guid and ip.... ouchie :)

    "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message

    > "AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> AB
    >
    > I played CS 1.6 since around beta 5ish, anything else just wouldnt do!
    >
    > That is, until CS: Source, which makes CS 1.6 look like a kids game, it
    > really is much better in many ways (even if grenades bounce off of a
    > pixel!)

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    If you haven't seen hack cam, then google for it.

    I saw a demo of it and it looks awesome. I just can't remember the URL off
    hand, sorry.

    --
    Bigjobs

    AndyB wrote:
    > don't be fouled by half answers AB, CSS is currently riddled with
    > cheats. Something Valve are working on with beta testing their new
    > anti-cheat code but it isn't out yet. Think cs 1.3 and you might get
    > the idea. The new code should be at least a good deterant though,
    > Valve said in a news letter that anybody caught will be perma-banned
    > from all pure servers and lock by guid and ip.... ouchie :)
    >
    > "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> AB
    >>
    >> I played CS 1.6 since around beta 5ish, anything else just wouldnt
    >> do! That is, until CS: Source, which makes CS 1.6 look like a kids game,
    >> it really is much better in many ways (even if grenades bounce off
    >> of a pixel!)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Now that is very interesting - and nice to think of those scumbags finally
    getting nailed. Seriously, I can't understand the "mind" of someone who
    thinks there's any value OR fun in cheating. Sad losers...

    http://the-space.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4512

    Cheers, bigjobs.

    "Bigjobs" <bigjobs@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > If you haven't seen hack cam, then google for it.
    >
    > I saw a demo of it and it looks awesome. I just can't remember the URL off
    > hand, sorry.
    >
    > --
    > Bigjobs
    >
    > AndyB wrote:
    >> don't be fouled by half answers AB, CSS is currently riddled with
    >> cheats. Something Valve are working on with beta testing their new
    >> anti-cheat code but it isn't out yet. Think cs 1.3 and you might get
    >> the idea. The new code should be at least a good deterant though,
    >> Valve said in a news letter that anybody caught will be perma-banned
    >> from all pure servers and lock by guid and ip.... ouchie :)
    >>
    >> "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message

    >>> I played CS 1.6 since around beta 5ish, anything else just wouldnt
    >>> do! That is, until CS: Source, which makes CS 1.6 look like a kids game,
    >>> it really is much better in many ways (even if grenades bounce off
    >>> of a pixel!)

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    No probs, I am a member of [eC*K].

    www.clan-killers.com

    and we are keeping a close eye onit, as it looks like the makers may be
    trying to strike a deal with valve, although there is nothing defo, there
    was something about htem dealing with a software house, butthey couldn't say
    who.

    Hope they do.

    --
    Bigjobs

    "Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message
    > Now that is very interesting - and nice to think of those scumbags finally
    > getting nailed. Seriously, I can't understand the "mind" of someone who
    > thinks there's any value OR fun in cheating. Sad losers...
    >
    > http://the-space.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4512
    >
    > Cheers, bigjobs.
    >
    > "Bigjobs" <bigjobs@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> If you haven't seen hack cam, then google for it.
    >>
    >> I saw a demo of it and it looks awesome. I just can't remember the URL
    >> off hand, sorry.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bigjobs
    >>
    >> AndyB wrote:
    >>> don't be fouled by half answers AB, CSS is currently riddled with
    >>> cheats. Something Valve are working on with beta testing their new
    >>> anti-cheat code but it isn't out yet. Think cs 1.3 and you might get
    >>> the idea. The new code should be at least a good deterant though,
    >>> Valve said in a news letter that anybody caught will be perma-banned
    >>> from all pure servers and lock by guid and ip.... ouchie :)
    >>>
    >>> "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Yeah, saw that - that would be very interesting eh? Wish I knew how to write
    software like that...

    > No probs, I am a member of [eC*K].
    >
    > www.clan-killers.com
    >
    > and we are keeping a close eye onit, as it looks like the makers may be
    > trying to strike a deal with valve, although there is nothing defo, there
    > was something about htem dealing with a software house, butthey couldn't
    > say who.
    >
    > Hope they do.
    >
    > --
    > Bigjobs
    >

    > "Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message
    >> Now that is very interesting - and nice to think of those scumbags
    >> finally getting nailed. Seriously, I can't understand the "mind" of
    >> someone who thinks there's any value OR fun in cheating. Sad losers...
    >>
    >> http://the-space.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4512
    >>
    >> Cheers, bigjobs.
    >>
    >> "Bigjobs" <bigjobs@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> If you haven't seen hack cam, then google for it.
    >>>
    >>> I saw a demo of it and it looks awesome. I just can't remember the URL
    >>> off hand, sorry.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Bigjobs

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Bigjobs" <bigjobs@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > If you haven't seen hack cam, then google for it.
    >
    > I saw a demo of it and it looks awesome. I just can't remember the URL off
    > hand, sorry.

    The makers claim it will be compatible with VAC2 and yet several moderators on
    the steam forums claim it will be detected as a hack.

Connection Games Servers Video Games