P4C800 Deluxe Newbie needs help

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 25, 2004 1:04:29 AM

Hi, I am new to this computer building and have a problem.
I just purchased all of the below listed equipment new except for the HDD
which is a couple years old. Everything is assembled and I have checked
ribbons numerous times.I believe they are hooked up correctly. Primary IDE
is run to my harddrive. When booting up, the screen says "Scanning for IDE
drives". It does this for about 20 seconds and comes back with " No Drive
Attached To Fasttrack Controller- Bios Not Installed" and keeps going
through this cycle. But when I go into BIOS and look, I can see that the
drive has been seen under primary IDE.The drive is a single 80 gig maxtor
Ultra ATA 133. Please help me. Thanks Rick

Motherboard
Model Name : P4C800 Deluxe
Serial No : 36MG146528
MB version : REV 1.03
MB BIOS version : 1.00.1.33

CPU Vendor : Intel P-4
CPU Type : Pentium 4
CPU Speed : 3.0 800FSB

Memory Vendor : Kingston
Memory Type : KVR400X64C3A/512 PC3200
Memory Size : 2 X 512 = 1024

HD Vendor : Maxtor
HD Name : D740X-6L Ultra ATA 133
HD Size : 80

Operating System : Windows XP Pro

More about : p4c800 deluxe newbie

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 25, 2004 1:16:18 AM

No problem here Rick,
You probably have attached he drive to the Fastrack once, and thereafter
the BIOS seeks a HD there. Or it could be a BIOS default.
Since you don't have anything there.
Enter the BIOS [BOOT] press del.

Then disable the unused Fastrack.
BIOS main menu; Advanced TAB; Onboard devices.
[I presume the P4C800 bios structure is similar to P4P800,
otherwise look around.]
You should see Onboard Fasttrack Controller;; Set it DISABLE.
And the seeking delay is gone.

P.S.. Keep serial informations for yourself; It's personnal and between
you and ASUS.

Otherwise, great setup Rick..Enjoy the good life.
Hope it helps.

>Rick wrote in message ...
>Hi, I am new to this computer building and have a problem.
>I just purchased all of the below listed equipment new except for the HDD
>which is a couple years old. Everything is assembled and I have checked
>ribbons numerous times.I believe they are hooked up correctly. Primary IDE
>is run to my harddrive. When booting up, the screen says "Scanning for IDE
>drives". It does this for about 20 seconds and comes back with " No Drive
>Attached To Fasttrack Controller- Bios Not Installed" and keeps going
>through this cycle. But when I go into BIOS and look, I can see that the
>drive has been seen under primary IDE.The drive is a single 80 gig maxtor
>Ultra ATA 133. Please help me. Thanks Rick

(..SNIP.)
June 25, 2004 1:55:18 AM

I just tried what you said. I do not have Fastrack under onboard devices. I
do have Promise which I tried Disabling. Still wont work. Left promise
enable and tried changing from raid to IDE and still wont boot up. It gets
to where it searches for Harddrive and then a quick blue screen that doesn't
stay long enough to read and starts reboot again. Never finds hard drive.
You had said I may have attached to the Fasttrack once. What do you mean by
this. My hard drive is hooked to the socket that says Primary IDE. Still
needing help. Thanks Rick

"James Bald" <Rutherford@NOSPAM.ever> wrote in message
> No problem here Rick,
> You probably have attached he drive to the Fastrack once, and thereafter
> the BIOS seeks a HD there. Or it could be a BIOS default.
> Since you don't have anything there.
> Enter the BIOS [BOOT] press del.
>
> Then disable the unused Fastrack.
> BIOS main menu; Advanced TAB; Onboard devices.
> [I presume the P4C800 bios structure is similar to P4P800,
> otherwise look around.]
> You should see Onboard Fasttrack Controller;; Set it DISABLE.
> And the seeking delay is gone.
>
> P.S.. Keep serial informations for yourself; It's personnal and between
> you and ASUS.
>
> Otherwise, great setup Rick..Enjoy the good life.
> Hope it helps.
>

> >Rick wrote in message ...
> >Hi, I am new to this computer building and have a problem.
> >I just purchased all of the below listed equipment new except for the HDD
> >which is a couple years old. Everything is assembled and I have checked
> >ribbons numerous times.I believe they are hooked up correctly. Primary
IDE
> >is run to my harddrive. When booting up, the screen says "Scanning for
IDE
> >drives". It does this for about 20 seconds and comes back with " No
Drive
> >Attached To Fasttrack Controller- Bios Not Installed" and keeps going
> >through this cycle. But when I go into BIOS and look, I can see that the
> >drive has been seen under primary IDE.The drive is a single 80 gig maxtor
> >Ultra ATA 133. Please help me. Thanks Rick
>
> (..SNIP.)

Related resources
June 25, 2004 5:10:34 AM

the fastrack is raid only...will not boot with only one HD...you must use the intel controller , sata or
ide.

"Rick" <tricky@adelphia.net> a écrit dans le message de news:u7WdnWDgHsK750bd4p2dnA@adelphia.com...
> Hi, I am new to this computer building and have a problem.
> I just purchased all of the below listed equipment new except for the HDD
> which is a couple years old. Everything is assembled and I have checked
> ribbons numerous times.I believe they are hooked up correctly. Primary IDE
> is run to my harddrive. When booting up, the screen says "Scanning for IDE
> drives". It does this for about 20 seconds and comes back with " No Drive
> Attached To Fasttrack Controller- Bios Not Installed" and keeps going
> through this cycle. But when I go into BIOS and look, I can see that the
> drive has been seen under primary IDE.The drive is a single 80 gig maxtor
> Ultra ATA 133. Please help me. Thanks Rick
>
> Motherboard
> Model Name : P4C800 Deluxe
> Serial No : 36MG146528
> MB version : REV 1.03
> MB BIOS version : 1.00.1.33
>
> CPU Vendor : Intel P-4
> CPU Type : Pentium 4
> CPU Speed : 3.0 800FSB
>
> Memory Vendor : Kingston
> Memory Type : KVR400X64C3A/512 PC3200
> Memory Size : 2 X 512 = 1024
>
> HD Vendor : Maxtor
> HD Name : D740X-6L Ultra ATA 133
> HD Size : 80
>
> Operating System : Windows XP Pro

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 25, 2004 4:24:32 PM

I don't think so...

I had no problem running Win XP with a single hard drive in the system on
the Promise ATA port. The two standara PATA ports had CD drives on them. No
SATA drives in the system at all.

Being a P4C800-E Deluxe may be the difference.

!