modem speaker

I got a new Sony Vaio computer (PCV-RS520) with WinXP Home
Edition. Everything is running well. The modem (Agere
Systems AC'97 Modem) is connecting to the Internet without
problems. But I set up everything to enable the modem
speaker, and even though no sound comes from it. I never
know if it detect the line signal, and if it is really
dialing.

Has anybody seem this before?

"LeoB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I got a new Sony Vaio computer (PCV-RS520) with WinXP Home
| Edition. Everything is running well. The modem (Agere
| Systems AC'97 Modem) is connecting to the Internet without
| problems. But I set up everything to enable the modem
| speaker, and even though no sound comes from it. I never
| know if it detect the line signal, and if it is really
| dialing.
|
| Has anybody seem this before?

Hi Leo -

Look at your Volume Control (in the taskbar -- enable in Control Panel |
Sounds and Audio Devices if not present in the taskbar). Unmute and
increase the volume on your Telephony device (may also be listed as Modem).

If you don't see the Telephony/Modem control, click on Options|Properties in
the Volume Control panel and put a checkmark in the appropriate box.

Jef

TRENDING THREADS