Ethernet Controller

Hi... My Computer don't detect the controller for ther ethernet... the problem is the software because this hardware didn't bring it! What can I do?

You need to tell more and useful information. What
make/model of NIC, is it built-in or an add-on card? Is the
BIOS set to allow plug and play, have you tried using the
add hardware wizard?

Details, details, please.

"Carlos Pais" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| Hi... My Computer don't detect the controller for ther
ethernet... the problem is the software because this
hardware didn't bring it! What can I do?

Hi.... Details? I dont know what is this thing... the ethernet... in the system options are an error because this controller.... I only know this: - Location: Ethernet PCI 2

It sounds like it is a card in PCI slot #2, it should have
what looks like a large telephone plug-in socket or perhaps
a threaded connection on a stud, like a TV coaxial cable (or
perhaps both) and it should have two LEDs on the back, one
green and one red.

You can remove it and see if the computer boots properly.
If you are not using a cable modem or an Ethernet network,
you don't need the Network Interface Card (NIC).

If you need the NIC, you can buy another.