Ethernet Controller

Hi... My Computer don't detect the controller for ther ethernet... the problem is the software because this hardware didn't bring it! What can I do?
3 answers Last reply
More about ethernet controller

    You need to tell more and useful information. What
    make/model of NIC, is it built-in or an add-on card? Is the
    BIOS set to allow plug and play, have you tried using the
    add hardware wizard?

    Details, details, please.

    "Carlos Pais" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | Hi... My Computer don't detect the controller for ther
    ethernet... the problem is the software because this
    hardware didn't bring it! What can I do?

    Hi.... Details? I dont know what is this thing... the ethernet... in the system options are an error because this controller.... I only know this: - Location: Ethernet PCI 2

    It sounds like it is a card in PCI slot #2, it should have
    what looks like a large telephone plug-in socket or perhaps
    a threaded connection on a stud, like a TV coaxial cable (or
    perhaps both) and it should have two LEDs on the back, one
    green and one red.

    You can remove it and see if the computer boots properly.
    If you are not using a cable modem or an Ethernet network,
    you don't need the Network Interface Card (NIC).

    If you need the NIC, you can buy another.

    | Hi.... Details? I dont know what is this thing... the
    ethernet... in the system options are an error because this
    controller.... I only know this: - Location: Ethernet PCI 2

Hardware Ethernet Controller Microsoft Windows XP