Help! - P4C800-Deluxe losing bios settings

Anybody help me please?

I run the above board with the 1014 bios, up until today I have just
had 2xSATA hd's running raid & windows boots just fine.

Today I decided to add another hd on the ordinary SATA port, but now
everytime I reboot the system the bios shows the new drive infront of
the raid, so of course it hangs saying its not a system disc, I can
change it to the other way round, save the settings, but on next
reboot its back again!!

Is there a work around or different bios I need?

Cheers Shelton.
2 answers Last reply
More about help p4c800 deluxe losing bios settings

    I've had a similar problem, Asus tech support had me re flash the bios using
    the 1016 version from a floppy disk and it has stopped that. I'm still
    loosing the USB ports on mine.
    ME

    "Buzby" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody help me please?
    >
    > I run the above board with the 1014 bios, up until today I have just
    > had 2xSATA hd's running raid & windows boots just fine.
    >
    > Today I decided to add another hd on the ordinary SATA port, but now
    > everytime I reboot the system the bios shows the new drive infront of
    > the raid, so of course it hangs saying its not a system disc, I can
    > change it to the other way round, save the settings, but on next
    > reboot its back again!!
    >
    > Is there a work around or different bios I need?
    >
    > Cheers Shelton.

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:12:46 -0500, "ME" <dontbother@nospam.com>
    wrote:

    Thanks for the reply, Just flashed to the same bios using the AZbios
    update method & its working fine now :)

    Cheers Shelton.

    >I've had a similar problem, Asus tech support had me re flash the bios using
    >the 1016 version from a floppy disk and it has stopped that. I'm still
    >loosing the USB ports on mine.
    >ME
    >
    >"Buzby" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message
    >> Anybody help me please?
    >>
    >> I run the above board with the 1014 bios, up until today I have just
    >> had 2xSATA hd's running raid & windows boots just fine.
    >>
    >> Today I decided to add another hd on the ordinary SATA port, but now
    >> everytime I reboot the system the bios shows the new drive infront of
    >> the raid, so of course it hangs saying its not a system disc, I can
    >> change it to the other way round, save the settings, but on next
    >> reboot its back again!!
    >>
    >> Is there a work around or different bios I need?
    >>
    >> Cheers Shelton.

Asus BIOS NAS / RAID Motherboards