Help with a Hardware error

A user's XP Pro PC had a stop error. When it rebooted it
had a message saying that the system has recovered from a
serious problem. She had it send the error report to
Microsoft.

Going through the event log I found an error in the system
log:
Source System Error
Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
parameter2 bf860d20, parameter3 f808e78c, parameter4
00000000

I know error code 1000008e is a hardware/driver issue.

My question is this, is there anyway to identify which
hardware component is causing this aside from swapping
them out one by one?

The PC is brand new and all hardware and peripherals
should work with XP.

Thanks for any help.
5 answers Last reply
More about help hardware error

    If it's brand new it comes with a guarantee. SEND IT BACK!!!!!

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >A user's XP Pro PC had a stop error. When it rebooted it
    > had a message saying that the system has recovered from a
    > serious problem. She had it send the error report to
    > Microsoft.
    >
    > Going through the event log I found an error in the system
    > log:
    > Source System Error
    > Category: (102)
    > Event ID: 1003
    > parameter2 bf860d20, parameter3 f808e78c, parameter4
    > 00000000
    >
    > I know error code 1000008e is a hardware/driver issue.
    >
    > My question is this, is there anyway to identify which
    > hardware component is causing this aside from swapping
    > them out one by one?
    >
    > The PC is brand new and all hardware and peripherals
    > should work with XP.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    That's all well and good (an quite glib I must say) but
    you did not answer his question which was:

    Is there anyway to identify which hardware component is
    causing this aside from swapping them out one by one?

    I'd like to know the answer too !

    Since the PC is under guarantee swapping/removing hardware will probably
    invalidate the guarantee.
    www.coribright.com

    "MGGP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > That's all well and good (an quite glib I must say) but
    > you did not answer his question which was:
    >
    > Is there anyway to identify which hardware component is
    > causing this aside from swapping them out one by one?
    >
    > I'd like to know the answer too !

    You could just say I DON'T KNOW

    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"MGGP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> That's all well and good (an quite glib I must say) but
    >> you did not answer his question which was:
    >>
    >> Is there anyway to identify which hardware component is
    >> causing this aside from swapping them out one by one?
    >>
    >> I'd like to know the answer too !

    c0000005,

    issue.

    which
    swapping

    >> >.
    >> >

    >.

    It seems that the error has a multitude of possible causes listed in the
    MSKB
    One such is:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322267

    "MGGP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > That's all well and good (an quite glib I must say) but
    > you did not answer his question which was:
    >
    > Is there anyway to identify which hardware component is
    > causing this aside from swapping them out one by one?
    >
    > I'd like to know the answer too !

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP