K8V SE Deluxe new beta BIOS 1004

Does anyone know what is new in this BIOS ?
Thanks,

- Steve

Hi,

"Steve Birch" <steve@backstreet.***no spam thanks***demon.co.uk> wrote in
message news:cbji0j$bku$1$830fa79d@news.demon.co.uk...
> Does anyone know what is new in this BIOS ?
> Thanks,
>
> - Steve

Just noticed an update for the K8V as well (1008d_01.zip). From past
experience most of the bios updates usually add support for

- faster CPUs
- Correct memory timings issues

and so on, however this time I have a suspicion that this bios update may
include the fix from AMD for the Opteron/Athlon64 bugs that The Register
reported and that AMD admitted exist with the core of these CPUs. The AMD
site stated that an updated bios would fix the issue and that it was up to
the various manafacturers to implement the fix into their bios's.
Unfortunately there is no information on the ASUS site as to what the bios
update address, so all this is pure speculation by me and I could be
completely 100% wrong :)

Craig

---

"Craig Matchan" <cwigster@SpamMeNot.swiftdsl.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Just noticed an update for the K8V as well (1008d_01.zip). From past
> experience most of the bios updates usually add support for
>
> - faster CPUs
> - Correct memory timings issues

(snip)

Thanks, Craig.
I just noticed in another forum that this new BIOS solved a memory problem
that someone was experiencing. Apparently it helps recognise certain modules
that were not correctly identified before.
Whether there are any other benefits.. we will have to see !

- Steve