plase help put another hard drive in won't work

I had to replaced a 10 gig drive to a 1 gig drive how do i make it find it 10 gig had over 100 bad clusters.on it.
6 answers Last reply
More about plase hard drive work

    It sure must be hard having a computer and being illiterate.
    None of what you wrote makes any sense.

    "angeleyes53" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | I had to replaced a 10 gig drive to a 1 gig drive how do i
    make it find it 10 gig had over 100 bad clusters.on it.

    i guess you could say i im illiterate i can't spell very good i only went 7 grade. but back to my problem i was trying to get help i was asking about one drive how to fix it, it had over a 100 bad clusters on it. i got replies to replace it. so i had a drive here that was 1 gig. the one that was bad was a 10 gig. so i took the 10 gig out. And put the 1 gig in. Now Question now how do i find the 1 gig when i turn the computer on.

    You can't install Windows XP on a 1 GB drive, you need 2 GB
    (1.7) to install just Windows XP. Then you want some room
    for applications and data.

    Go to the store and buy a $50-100 hard drive.

    Bad clusters mean that some areas of the disk platters have
    been damaged. You can run a full format which will detect
    and map and then exclude the bad sectors. But if more bad
    sectors continue to appear, the disk is failing.

    See, if you explain your problem you can get an answer.

    | i guess you could say i im illiterate i can't spell very
    good i only went 7 grade. but back to my problem i was
    trying to get help i was asking about one drive how to fix
    it, it had over a 100 bad clusters on it. i got replies to
    replace it. so i had a drive here that was 1 gig. the one
    that was bad was a 10 gig. so i took the 10 gig out. And put
    the 1 gig in. Now Question now how do i find the 1 gig when
    i turn the computer on.

    sorry i just started useing this help support i didn't know it had other parts to goto like 98 95 windows my 10 gig had 98 windows on it the i gig has 95 windows on it im just trying to get something to work for my sister she don't have money to buy a computer my husband and both have xp.

    Even Win 98 would take up a considerable amount of a 1gb drive.. you need to
    set the jumper on the back of the drive (the end where the cables are
    fitted) to 'master'.. then use a Win 95 or Win 98 boot diskette to format
    the drive.. restart the computer using the boot diskette.. type in the cd
    drive letter, which will probably be D or E followed by a colon.. then press
    enter.. type SETUP and then press enter.. this should start the Windows
    installation.. good luck..

    > sorry i just started useing this help support i didn't know it had other
    parts to goto like 98 95 windows my 10 gig had 98 windows on it the i gig
    has 95 windows on it im just trying to get something to work for my sister
    she don't have money to buy a computer my husband and both have xp.

    I just bought a 160 GB Maxtor at Staples for $89.95. 3 weeks ago the same drive was $99.95.

    --
    Just my 2¢ worth
    Jeff
    "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message news:%23nT85asPEHA.3524@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    | You can't install Windows XP on a 1 GB drive, you need 2 GB
    | (1.7) to install just Windows XP. Then you want some room
    | for applications and data.
    |
    | Go to the store and buy a $50-100 hard drive.
    |
    | Bad clusters mean that some areas of the disk platters have
    | been damaged. You can run a full format which will detect
    | and map and then exclude the bad sectors. But if more bad
    | sectors continue to appear, the disk is failing.
    |
    | See, if you explain your problem you can get an answer.
    |

    | --
    | The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    | But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.

Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP