Device manager shows no devices, install new hardware inst..

I have just converted from Win ME to XP Pro on my
secondary PC and no devices show up in the device manager
and the install new hardware wizard does not function. I
noticed his when I tried to connect to internet after
conversion. The ethernet card is a Netgear FA311 PCI Card.

Rick, save all your important files and do a clean install. You can do
it with the Upgrade WinXP CD.