Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

fix bios

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 10:46:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Trying to get a computer fixed up for my sister she can't aford to buy one. So i had some old ones around the house to try and fix one up for her.I had to change hard drives. I took a 98 10 gig drive out of the system because it had over 100 bad clusters on it everyone said get another drive well i had one here with 1 gig 95 windows on it. Question how do i get the computer to read the new drive. or find it.

More about : fix bios

Anonymous
May 21, 2004 1:21:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

This is a hardware group for Windows XP. Windows XP will
NOT install on less than a 2 GB hard drive and then there
won't be room for any applications or data files.
If you don't know how to open the BIOS, format a hard drive
you are in over your head. Hard drives should be detected
automatically if they have the jumpers set properly and the
power is working and connected.

I suggest you get some personal help from a local geek, you
need more help than you'll get in a newsgroup.


--
The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.


"angeleyes53" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
news:67C5B01F-1B39-4613-8984-67F5AC685EC8@microsoft.com...
| Trying to get a computer fixed up for my sister she can't
aford to buy one. So i had some old ones around the house to
try and fix one up for her.I had to change hard drives. I
took a 98 10 gig drive out of the system because it had over
100 bad clusters on it everyone said get another drive well
i had one here with 1 gig 95 windows on it. Question how do
i get the computer to read the new drive. or find it.
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 1:21:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

i went to 98 help i said new it came on here sorry maam
Related resources
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 2:26:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hey you been getting some pretty nice replies.
No help but good reply.
somebody should tell that guy to get lost.
i was looking for help to.
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 2:31:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

A string of English words does not mean that you have
actually passed any useful ideas or communication. Perhaps
computers are to much of a stretch for your language skills.
May I suggest a remedial adult school.

May I point you to Bill Cosby's recent remarks on the
importance of language...
see
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38...



--
The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.


"angeleyes53" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
news:D 86E7C33-CD49-4D4C-87BA-E49502544BA7@microsoft.com...
| i went to 98 help i said new it came on here sorry maam
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 4:01:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Being the intelligent intellectual that i am, it didn't take long for me to notice that we have a real obnoxious person lurking on this newsgroup. You should find better things to do with your time. You don't have to correct others with their vocabulary, or send them to sites that has nothing to do with the content of this newsgroup. As for your comment on strings of words that have nor make any sense to anyone, you only need to read some of your own replies! If we were intelligent as you think you are, you would be the one asking us for answers. If you want to continue with your replies in such a manner, maybe we should have the Webmaster included in these comments. If you want, you can find a dictionary and correct all my misspelled words too!
May 21, 2004 12:16:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Angeleyes has posted in more than one newsgroup, has been answered several
times, and seems to be totally oblivious as to where the answers will be
posted.. by admission in another thread, Angeleyes claims only 7th grade
education.. well ok, that may be not be her/his fault entirely, but it makes
it very hard to help when grasp of English is tenuous at best, and that
computer knowledge is even less than the ability to understand basic
English.. as you seem to be so keen to help people of this type, I will
follow each thread that Angeleyes posts and see how long it is before you
lose patience and reply in a curt manner.. GOOD LUCK..

"bingbong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:66833C0E-0BD8-4B07-B374-3A6301E66393@microsoft.com...
> Being the intelligent intellectual that i am, it didn't take long for me
to notice that we have a real obnoxious person lurking on this newsgroup.
You should find better things to do with your time. You don't have to
correct others with their vocabulary, or send them to sites that has nothing
to do with the content of this newsgroup. As for your comment on strings of
words that have nor make any sense to anyone, you only need to read some of
your own replies! If we were intelligent as you think you are, you would be
the one asking us for answers. If you want to continue with your replies in
such a manner, maybe we should have the Webmaster included in these
comments. If you want, you can find a dictionary and correct all my
misspelled words too!
>
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 5:11:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Sorry to of bother all you people i can't spell that good but i can read just was trying to get someone to help that why i don't get on chat lines im 50 years old to old to start a class now on spelling they just word don't say in my head i guess im to old to learn new thing not everyone is born with brans. my one brother can't even read or write at all he has to have soeone read for him but you wouldn't find a better worker and person. but i won't come back for anymore of your insults. thats for all your help.
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 6:15:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Mike wrote:
> Angeleyes has posted in more than one newsgroup, has been answered
> several times, and seems to be totally oblivious as to where the
> answers will be posted.. by admission in another thread, Angeleyes
> claims only 7th grade education.. well ok, that may be not be her/his
> fault entirely, but it makes it very hard to help when grasp of
> English is tenuous at best, and that computer knowledge is even less
> than the ability to understand basic English.. as you seem to be so
> keen to help people of this type, I will follow each thread that
> Angeleyes posts and see how long it is before you lose patience and
> reply in a curt manner.. GOOD LUCK..

Well said, Mike, very well said!
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 4:32:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

angeleyes53 wrote:
> Sorry to of bother all you people i can't spell that good but i can
> read just was trying to get someone to help that why i don't get on
> chat lines im 50 years old to old to start a class now on spelling
> they just word don't say in my head i guess im to old to learn new
> thing not everyone is born with brans. my one brother can't even read
> or write at all he has to have soeone read for him but you wouldn't
> find a better worker and person. but i won't come back for anymore of
> your insults. thats for all your help.

Is English a second or third language for you? If so, may I suggest that
you try posting your question in a news group dedicated to your native
language? I say this not to insult or offend, but rather to point out that
you're not likely to get much help, if no one can understand what you're
saying or asking.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you start by reposting in standard English, complete
with paragraphs, sentences, capital letters where appropriate, and
punctuation. As it is, your post is quite indecipherable: some of the words
used are from the English language, but are completely meaningless as
currently assembled.

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827


1) This isn't a "chat line" - it's Usenet. Suggest you learn the
difference.

2) I suppose you're also too old to learn spelling, grammar, sentence
construction, proper syntax and punctuation? It's in your own best
interests, as I've stated above (thanks Bruce!). How can anyone assist you
when you've just spewed out words, seemingly at random?

I'm still trying to work out what on earth "they just word don't say in my
head" means.

And, as Jim stated earlier, if you can't construct a proper sentence, what
on earth are you doing operating a computer?!
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 5:21:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I had to come back one more time. Im really sorry Jim Macklin For my bad manners. I felt real bad i couldn't sleep. You are just on here to help people. And i didn't give you very much info to help me. But anyway i got everthing fixed. Hey you helped me find out im not as dumb as i thought. I went on reading other sites and found the help i needed. Thanks for trying to help me. You don't know how much you did. This forum got out of hand. bye & Sorry again.
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 12:56:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I'm not a mind reader or a street slang reader. Like Bill
Cosby said the other day, paraphrased, "English is where it
is at."Give us the info clearly and completely and you will
get help or good directions to the self-help.


--
The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.


"Angeleyes53" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
news:4D23DFAB-8C10-477C-B70A-76F22A6EC010@microsoft.com...
| I had to come back one more time. Im really sorry Jim
Macklin For my bad manners. I felt real bad i couldn't
sleep. You are just on here to help people. And i didn't
give you very much info to help me. But anyway i got
everthing fixed. Hey you helped me find out im not as dumb
as i thought. I went on reading other sites and found the
help i needed. Thanks for trying to help me. You don't know
how much you did. This forum got out of hand. bye & Sorry
again.
May 23, 2004 2:25:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

A url for Web based access to various newsgroups.
"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:251A5785-3C35-4E8E-BAF3-9F02F3F40F77@microsoft.com...
> What is this?
>
>
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
ndowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/configuration.xml
!