Some problems with A8V Deluxe

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I just got this A8V mobo and a 3500+ socket 939 cpu.

When I check the bios "Frequency/Voltage", and I set "AI overclocking" to
manual,
I only see these four choices:
CPU FSB frequency.
DDR voltage.
AGP voltage.
V-Link voltage.

According to the manual, I should also see these options, but they just dont
show:
CPU voltage.
CPU speed.
AGP/PCI lock.

I just flashed the newest bios (1006), but these options still dont show.
What am I doing wrong?

--
Erik

Paul

Splendid

In article <40de86b4$0$160$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk>, "Erik"
<egern-dd@skoven.wx> wrote:

> I just got this A8V mobo and a 3500+ socket 939 cpu.
>
> When I check the bios "Frequency/Voltage", and I set "AI overclocking" to
> manual,
> I only see these four choices:
> CPU FSB frequency.
> DDR voltage.
> AGP voltage.
> V-Link voltage.
>
> According to the manual, I should also see these options, but they just dont
> show:
> CPU voltage.
> CPU speed.
> AGP/PCI lock.
>
> I just flashed the newest bios (1006), but these options still dont show.
> What am I doing wrong?

The manual says set "CPU Speed/Voltage Settings" to [Manual], to
make the other two CPU settings show up.

As for the AGP/PCI lock, the implication is the frequency stays at
66/33 MHz, and is not user adjustable. To know whether this is a
permanent condition, would require finding a datasheet for the
clock gen. I believe on the K8T800 non-pro, the AGP frequency was
divided down from the HyperTransport link speed. And, we're assured
that reviewers have checked the lock on the K8T800 Pro and it is
there. So, this just means you cannot overclock the AGP 8X bus from
66 to 75MHz, the practical limit for high end video cards now.

HTH,
Paul

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

> The manual says set "CPU Speed/Voltage Settings" to [Manual], to
> make the other two CPU settings show up.

But that is excactly what I did.
I set it to manual but the new cpu settings dont show up.
The AGP/PCI lock doesnt show either.
I just read somewhere else that a lot of A8V boards doesnt
have a working lock and it wont show up in bios.
I guess I have a bad board then.
Source:
http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/showflat.pl?Board=techmobocpu&Number=3976263

--
Erik

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

"Erik" <egern-dd@skoven.wx> wrote: news:40def320$0$173$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk...
> > The manual says set "CPU Speed/Voltage Settings" to [Manual], to
> > make the other two CPU settings show up.
>

> But that is excactly what I did.
> I set it to manual but the new cpu settings dont show up.
> The AGP/PCI lock doesnt show either.
> I just read somewhere else that a lot of A8V boards doesnt
> have a working lock and it wont show up in bios.

Whoops...what I mean is that when I set the "AI Overclocking" to manual,
i dont get the "CPU Speed/Voltage Settings" option at all.

I only have these four options:
CPU FSB frequency.
DDR voltage.
AGP voltage.
V-Link voltage.

AGP/PCI lock or not...the cpu speed/voltage settings should still be there, right?

--
Erik

Paul

Splendid

In article <40defc73$0$169$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk>, "Erik"
<egern-dd@skoven.wx> wrote:

> "Erik" <egern-dd@skoven.wx> wrote:
> > > The manual says set "CPU Speed/Voltage Settings" to [Manual], to
> > > make the other two CPU settings show up.
> >

> > But that is excactly what I did.
> > I set it to manual but the new cpu settings dont show up.
> > The AGP/PCI lock doesnt show either.
> > I just read somewhere else that a lot of A8V boards doesnt
> > have a working lock and it wont show up in bios.
>

> Whoops...what I mean is that when I set the "AI Overclocking" to manual,
> i dont get the "CPU Speed/Voltage Settings" option at all.
>
> I only have these four options:
> CPU FSB frequency.
> DDR voltage.
> AGP voltage.
> V-Link voltage.
>
> AGP/PCI lock or not...the cpu speed/voltage settings should still be
there, right?

Unless CPU speed/voltage is also a function of any "Cool and Quiet"
setting ? Maybe disabling CnQ will bring it back.

That thread at Futuremark is quite a read. Nothing like a design that
is released before it is ready.

Paul

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

"Paul" <nospam@needed.com> wrote: news:nospam-2706041528340001@192.168.1.177...

> Unless CPU speed/voltage is also a function of any "Cool and Quiet"
> setting ? Maybe disabling CnQ will bring it back.

I just disabled the CnQ and now I see those cpu settings :)

> That thread at Futuremark is quite a read. Nothing like a design that
> is released before it is ready.

Yea something like this isnt good PR.
I think I will return this board and wait for an nForce board.
Thank for your help :)

--
Erik