A7N8X Deluxe - SATA rigth driver ?

Hi all,

I have an A7N8X Deluxe revision 1.04 with Bios 1.08 running XP SP1
since months and I never had any problem with it until I enable SATA
few days ago.

Since I enabled SATA, I experience random blue screen.

Juste after I enabled SATA, I run WindowsUpdate from Microsoft site
and 2 updates have been installed :

Silicon Image storage software update released on February 03 2004.
Silicon Image storage software update released on May 12 2004.

At this time, the modules of Silicon Image driver are at following
level :

SI3112r.sys -> 1.0.0.50
SiWinAcc.sys -> 1.0.0.8
SilSupp.cpl -> 3.0.0.15

and I did *** NOT *** install SATA driver from Asus CD or from Asus
site.

Do I have the rigth SATA driver for my mobo ?
Any advise to fixe my blue screen problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Didier.
6 answers Last reply
More about a7n8x deluxe sata rigth driver

    You should never use winupdate for drivers.
    There was a documented problem with the winupdate SI drivers, as there was
    with the Nvidia drivers.
    Use drivers from either Asus site or Silicon Image site, though there are
    some that say you should only use mobo site drivers.
    http://www.siimage.com/products/sataraid.asp

    "Didier G" <NOSPAM-didierg987@netcourrier.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an A7N8X Deluxe revision 1.04 with Bios 1.08 running XP SP1
    > since months and I never had any problem with it until I enable SATA
    > few days ago.
    >
    > Since I enabled SATA, I experience random blue screen.
    >
    > Juste after I enabled SATA, I run WindowsUpdate from Microsoft site
    > and 2 updates have been installed :
    >
    > Silicon Image storage software update released on February 03 2004.
    > Silicon Image storage software update released on May 12 2004.
    >
    > At this time, the modules of Silicon Image driver are at following
    > level :
    >
    > SI3112r.sys -> 1.0.0.50
    > SiWinAcc.sys -> 1.0.0.8
    > SilSupp.cpl -> 3.0.0.15
    >
    > and I did *** NOT *** install SATA driver from Asus CD or from Asus
    > site.
    >
    > Do I have the rigth SATA driver for my mobo ?
    > Any advise to fixe my blue screen problem ?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Didier.

    Personally I'm using the 1.0.0.40 driver, with the latest I'm getting data
    corruption on large files again.

    Steve

    "D" <anon@spoof.com> wrote in message news:X%ZDc.1382$Dq1.506@newsfe6-win...
    > You should never use winupdate for drivers.
    > There was a documented problem with the winupdate SI drivers, as there was
    > with the Nvidia drivers.
    > Use drivers from either Asus site or Silicon Image site, though there are
    > some that say you should only use mobo site drivers.
    > http://www.siimage.com/products/sataraid.asp
    >
    > "Didier G" <NOSPAM-didierg987@netcourrier.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I have an A7N8X Deluxe revision 1.04 with Bios 1.08 running XP SP1
    > > since months and I never had any problem with it until I enable SATA
    > > few days ago.
    > >
    > > Since I enabled SATA, I experience random blue screen.
    > >
    > > Juste after I enabled SATA, I run WindowsUpdate from Microsoft site
    > > and 2 updates have been installed :
    > >
    > > Silicon Image storage software update released on February 03 2004.
    > > Silicon Image storage software update released on May 12 2004.
    > >
    > > At this time, the modules of Silicon Image driver are at following
    > > level :
    > >
    > > SI3112r.sys -> 1.0.0.50
    > > SiWinAcc.sys -> 1.0.0.8
    > > SilSupp.cpl -> 3.0.0.15
    > >
    > > and I did *** NOT *** install SATA driver from Asus CD or from Asus
    > > site.
    > >
    > > Do I have the rigth SATA driver for my mobo ?
    > > Any advise to fixe my blue screen problem ?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help.
    > >
    > > Didier.

    I am using the same drivers, same rev numbers, on an A7N8X-E ver 1.01 in XP
    Pro without problems.

    TomC

    Le Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:08:15 GMT, "TomC" <albert@ayler.bye> a écrit:

    >I am using the same drivers, same rev numbers, on an A7N8X-E ver 1.01 in XP
    >Pro without problems.
    >
    >TomC

    Thanks all for yours answers.

    I have enabled SATA because I bought a new SATA disk but at this time
    all stuff is not fully installed on this disk so I continue to use my
    IDE disk.

    When problem occurs :

    - SATA is enabled on the mobo (jumper in enable position)
    - no SATA disk is connected to the SATA cable
    - there is only an IDE disk and system has booted on it

    Best regards.

    >"Didier G" <NOSPAM-didierg987@netcourrier.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have an A7N8X Deluxe revision 1.04 with Bios 1.08 running XP SP1
    >> since months and I never had any problem with it until I enable SATA
    >> few days ago.
    >>
    >> Since I enabled SATA, I experience random blue screen.
    >>
    >> Juste after I enabled SATA, I run WindowsUpdate from Microsoft site
    >> and 2 updates have been installed :
    >>
    >> Silicon Image storage software update released on February 03 2004.
    >> Silicon Image storage software update released on May 12 2004.
    >>
    >> At this time, the modules of Silicon Image driver are at following
    >> level :
    >>
    >> SI3112r.sys -> 1.0.0.50
    >> SiWinAcc.sys -> 1.0.0.8
    >> SilSupp.cpl -> 3.0.0.15
    >>
    >> and I did *** NOT *** install SATA driver from Asus CD or from Asus
    >> site.
    >>
    >> Do I have the rigth SATA driver for my mobo ?
    >> Any advise to fixe my blue screen problem ?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help.
    >>
    >> Didier.

    Didier G:

    Since you have no SATA HD installed, change the SATA jumper to disabled, and
    see if your BSODs go away.

    TomC

    > Le Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:08:15 GMT, "TomC" <albert@ayler.bye> a écrit:
    >
    > >I am using the same drivers, same rev numbers, on an A7N8X-E ver 1.01 in
    XP
    > >Pro without problems.
    > >
    > >TomC
    >
    > Thanks all for yours answers.
    >
    > I have enabled SATA because I bought a new SATA disk but at this time
    > all stuff is not fully installed on this disk so I continue to use my
    > IDE disk.
    >
    > When problem occurs :
    >
    > - SATA is enabled on the mobo (jumper in enable position)
    > - no SATA disk is connected to the SATA cable
    > - there is only an IDE disk and system has booted on it
    >
    > Best regards.
    >

    > >"Didier G" <NOSPAM-didierg987@netcourrier.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi all,
    > >>
    > >> I have an A7N8X Deluxe revision 1.04 with Bios 1.08 running XP SP1
    > >> since months and I never had any problem with it until I enable SATA
    > >> few days ago.
    > >>
    > >> Since I enabled SATA, I experience random blue screen.
    > >>
    > >> Juste after I enabled SATA, I run WindowsUpdate from Microsoft site
    > >> and 2 updates have been installed :
    > >>
    > >> Silicon Image storage software update released on February 03 2004.
    > >> Silicon Image storage software update released on May 12 2004.
    > >>
    > >> At this time, the modules of Silicon Image driver are at following
    > >> level :
    > >>
    > >> SI3112r.sys -> 1.0.0.50
    > >> SiWinAcc.sys -> 1.0.0.8
    > >> SilSupp.cpl -> 3.0.0.15
    > >>
    > >> and I did *** NOT *** install SATA driver from Asus CD or from Asus
    > >> site.
    > >>
    > >> Do I have the rigth SATA driver for my mobo ?
    > >> Any advise to fixe my blue screen problem ?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for your help.
    > >>
    > >> Didier.

    Pug,

    Can you explain your data corruption?

    Stuart

    "Pug" <not@this.address> wrote in message
    > Personally I'm using the 1.0.0.40 driver, with the latest I'm getting data
    > corruption on large files again.
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > "D" <anon@spoof.com> wrote in message
    > > You should never use winupdate for drivers.
    > > There was a documented problem with the winupdate SI drivers, as there
    was
    > > with the Nvidia drivers.
    > > Use drivers from either Asus site or Silicon Image site, though there
    are
    > > some that say you should only use mobo site drivers.
    > > http://www.siimage.com/products/sataraid.asp
    > >
    > > "Didier G" <NOSPAM-didierg987@netcourrier.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi all,
    > > >
    > > > I have an A7N8X Deluxe revision 1.04 with Bios 1.08 running XP SP1
    > > > since months and I never had any problem with it until I enable SATA
    > > > few days ago.
    > > >
    > > > Since I enabled SATA, I experience random blue screen.
    > > >
    > > > Juste after I enabled SATA, I run WindowsUpdate from Microsoft site
    > > > and 2 updates have been installed :
    > > >
    > > > Silicon Image storage software update released on February 03 2004.
    > > > Silicon Image storage software update released on May 12 2004.
    > > >
    > > > At this time, the modules of Silicon Image driver are at following
    > > > level :
    > > >
    > > > SI3112r.sys -> 1.0.0.50
    > > > SiWinAcc.sys -> 1.0.0.8
    > > > SilSupp.cpl -> 3.0.0.15
    > > >
    > > > and I did *** NOT *** install SATA driver from Asus CD or from Asus
    > > > site.
    > > >
    > > > Do I have the rigth SATA driver for my mobo ?
    > > > Any advise to fixe my blue screen problem ?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for your help.
    > > >
    > > > Didier.

Asus SATA Blue Screen Motherboards