??? Best PC game controller

What game controller do you recommend for Half-life 2?
Thanks
Gary

mouse and keyboard combo is the ONLY way to go!!!!!

get youself some scripts they will help you BIG TIME!!!!

--
Remove *flaps* to reply

"Backbone" <backboneaccessflaps@flapscomcast.net> wrote in message

>> "Reany" <reany@personainternet.com> wrote in message
>> What game controller do you recommend for Half-life 2?
>> Thanks
>> Gary
>>
> mouse and keyboard combo is the ONLY way to go!!!!!
>
> get youself some scripts they will help you BIG TIME!!!!

Yes, mouse and keyboard all the way, Xerox invented the mouse in anticipation of
FPS games being invented. I often wished they would make CS for Xbox be able to
play on servers with PC players just to prove how silly, game controllers are
for FPS games.

Backbone <backboneaccessflaps@flapscomcast.net> wrote in message

> mouse and keyboard combo is the ONLY way to go!!!!!

Not for those of us with rheumatoid arthritis who find WASD to be painful.

I use a Gravis GamePad Pro.

Now, you have my attention, as an 'ahem' *older* player who is having joint
issues (stop sniggering at the back) what do you think of these other pads
etc and do you have a link to one.

I guess this kind of thing would be popular with my community :)

<<low price HL1 & HL2 servers for rental>>
<<10 player private clanserver 12 quid!!>>
http://www.stressed-out.org - for details or #stressed on quakenet
CS Public #1, 195.242.236.6:27015 ff=on, awp=off trial public server

Trunky <trunky@geemail.com> wrote in message
> Now, you have my attention, as an 'ahem' *older* player who is having
joint
> issues (stop sniggering at the back) what do you think of these other pads
> etc and do you have a link to one.

http://www.gravis.com/products/pro_eli_d1021.html

Now, here's the thing.....I don't use it as one ordinarily uses a gamepad
(ie, grabbing the horns with both hands) but instead hold it sideways in my
left hand (right hand on the mouse) with the cord between my middle fingers
and use my thumb on the top colored buttons for movement. The smaller top
buttons and the two side buttons that lie under my index finger are bound
for various other game functions, and I ignore the directional pad and the
remaining two side buttons.

Voice control programs don't mesh well with Half-Life's voicecom, but in
other games where voicecom is absent the combinationn of the gamepad, mouse,
and Game Commander 2 (voice recognition), I rarely have to use the keyboard
at all.

Skull

Just thought I would add this. Xerox did invent the mouse (The
antisapation of fps was a joke I hope..lol) They also invented email
and a crude windows but didnt know what to do with em so they called
Steve Jobs up to see if he would be interested. One more note, Ol Bill
Gates didnt invent DOS either! He bought it for 50k but I cant remember
the original name. Oh and the only reason IBM had a meeting with him was
Bills mother knew a guy on the board of directors of IBM.
Food for thought.

--
Skull

AW-Monarch

"Vidi Veni Vici" - Julius Cesear
"Its GOOD to be the king." - Mel Brooks, History of the World Part I

DOS was the evolution of CPM I believe. And he wrote CPM by the way.

Liam

"Skull" <Skull.1o3t3a@no-mx.Usenet-gateway> wrote in message

Just thought I would add this. Xerox did invent the mouse (The
antisapation of fps was a joke I hope..lol) They also invented email
and a crude windows but didnt know what to do with em so they called
Steve Jobs up to see if he would be interested. One more note, Ol Bill
Gates didnt invent DOS either! He bought it for 50k but I cant remember
the original name. Oh and the only reason IBM had a meeting with him was
Bills mother knew a guy on the board of directors of IBM.
Food for thought.

--
Skull

AW-Monarch

"Vidi Veni Vici" - Julius Cesear
"Its GOOD to be the king." - Mel Brooks, History of the World Part I

"Liam Derwin" <null@null.com> wrote in news:42731aed$0$83068$ed2619ec@ptn-
nntp-reader01.plus.net:

> DOS was the evolution of CPM I believe. And he wrote CPM by the way.

You mean Gary Kildall?

--

JoeKickass <mylittlespamtrap@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Liam Derwin" <null@null.com> wrote in news:42731aed$0$83068$ed2619ec@ptn-
> nntp-reader01.plus.net:
>
> > DOS was the evolution of CPM I believe. And he wrote CPM by the way.
>
> You mean Gary Kildall?

Yes, that's the name. I was trying to find the book we had laying around
here that outlined his accomplishments, but couldn't.

>> > DOS was the evolution of CPM I believe. And he wrote CPM by the
>> > way.
>>
>> You mean Gary Kildall?
>
> Yes, that's the name. I was trying to find the book we had laying
> around here that outlined his accomplishments, but couldn't.

Took me a minute to recall it, as well. Being just about old enough to
remember CP/M, I'd heard of this guy well before I knew about Gates...