??? Best PC game controller

What game controller do you recommend for Half-life 2?
Thanks
Gary
10 answers Last reply
More about game controller

    mouse and keyboard combo is the ONLY way to go!!!!!

    get youself some scripts they will help you BIG TIME!!!!

    --
    Remove *flaps* to reply

    "Backbone" <backboneaccessflaps@flapscomcast.net> wrote in message

    >> "Reany" <reany@personainternet.com> wrote in message
    >> What game controller do you recommend for Half-life 2?
    >> Thanks
    >> Gary
    >>
    > mouse and keyboard combo is the ONLY way to go!!!!!
    >
    > get youself some scripts they will help you BIG TIME!!!!

    Yes, mouse and keyboard all the way, Xerox invented the mouse in anticipation of
    FPS games being invented. I often wished they would make CS for Xbox be able to
    play on servers with PC players just to prove how silly, game controllers are
    for FPS games.

    Backbone <backboneaccessflaps@flapscomcast.net> wrote in message

    > mouse and keyboard combo is the ONLY way to go!!!!!

    Not for those of us with rheumatoid arthritis who find WASD to be painful.

    I use a Gravis GamePad Pro.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Now, you have my attention, as an 'ahem' *older* player who is having joint
    issues (stop sniggering at the back) what do you think of these other pads
    etc and do you have a link to one.

    I guess this kind of thing would be popular with my community :)

    <<low price HL1 & HL2 servers for rental>>
    <<10 player private clanserver 12 quid!!>>
    http://www.stressed-out.org - for details or #stressed on quakenet
    CS Public #1, 195.242.236.6:27015 ff=on, awp=off trial public server

    "James H. Hood" <jhhoodDIESPAMMERDIE@urdirect.net> wrote in message

    > Backbone <backboneaccessflaps@flapscomcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> mouse and keyboard combo is the ONLY way to go!!!!!
    >
    > Not for those of us with rheumatoid arthritis who find WASD to be painful.
    >
    > I use a Gravis GamePad Pro.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Trunky <trunky@geemail.com> wrote in message
    > Now, you have my attention, as an 'ahem' *older* player who is having
    joint
    > issues (stop sniggering at the back) what do you think of these other pads
    > etc and do you have a link to one.

    http://www.gravis.com/products/pro_eli_d1021.html

    Now, here's the thing.....I don't use it as one ordinarily uses a gamepad
    (ie, grabbing the horns with both hands) but instead hold it sideways in my
    left hand (right hand on the mouse) with the cord between my middle fingers
    and use my thumb on the top colored buttons for movement. The smaller top
    buttons and the two side buttons that lie under my index finger are bound
    for various other game functions, and I ignore the directional pad and the
    remaining two side buttons.

    Voice control programs don't mesh well with Half-Life's voicecom, but in
    other games where voicecom is absent the combinationn of the gamepad, mouse,
    and Game Commander 2 (voice recognition), I rarely have to use the keyboard
    at all.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Just thought I would add this. Xerox did invent the mouse (The
    antisapation of fps was a joke I hope..lol) They also invented email
    and a crude windows but didnt know what to do with em so they called
    Steve Jobs up to see if he would be interested. One more note, Ol Bill
    Gates didnt invent DOS either! He bought it for 50k but I cant remember
    the original name. Oh and the only reason IBM had a meeting with him was
    Bills mother knew a guy on the board of directors of IBM.
    Food for thought.

    --
    Skull

    AW-Monarch

    "Vidi Veni Vici" - Julius Cesear
    "Its GOOD to be the king." - Mel Brooks, History of the World Part I
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    DOS was the evolution of CPM I believe. And he wrote CPM by the way.

    Liam

    "Skull" <Skull.1o3t3a@no-mx.Usenet-gateway> wrote in message

    Just thought I would add this. Xerox did invent the mouse (The
    antisapation of fps was a joke I hope..lol) They also invented email
    and a crude windows but didnt know what to do with em so they called
    Steve Jobs up to see if he would be interested. One more note, Ol Bill
    Gates didnt invent DOS either! He bought it for 50k but I cant remember
    the original name. Oh and the only reason IBM had a meeting with him was
    Bills mother knew a guy on the board of directors of IBM.
    Food for thought.

    --
    Skull

    AW-Monarch

    "Vidi Veni Vici" - Julius Cesear
    "Its GOOD to be the king." - Mel Brooks, History of the World Part I
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Liam Derwin" <null@null.com> wrote in news:42731aed$0$83068$ed2619ec@ptn-
    nntp-reader01.plus.net:

    > DOS was the evolution of CPM I believe. And he wrote CPM by the way.

    You mean Gary Kildall?

    --
    >> http://www.stressed-out.org <<
    >> CS,Source servers available <<
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    JoeKickass <mylittlespamtrap@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Liam Derwin" <null@null.com> wrote in news:42731aed$0$83068$ed2619ec@ptn-
    > nntp-reader01.plus.net:
    >
    > > DOS was the evolution of CPM I believe. And he wrote CPM by the way.
    >
    > You mean Gary Kildall?

    Yes, that's the name. I was trying to find the book we had laying around
    here that outlined his accomplishments, but couldn't.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    >> > DOS was the evolution of CPM I believe. And he wrote CPM by the
    >> > way.
    >>
    >> You mean Gary Kildall?
    >
    > Yes, that's the name. I was trying to find the book we had laying
    > around here that outlined his accomplishments, but couldn't.

    Took me a minute to recall it, as well. Being just about old enough to
    remember CP/M, I'd heard of this guy well before I knew about Gates...

    --
    >> http://www.stressed-out.org <<
    >> CS,Source servers available <<

Controller Games Video Games