Looking for information about two files.

mantis67

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hello, I am trying to find out about two files that keep showing up in my prefetch folder. I am using Windows 7 (64). The two file names are LongTermHist.db.dx and the other one is LongTermHist.db.bt . I tried looking up these two files online and on this site and nothing shows up. Makes me very suspicious of them when I can't find out any information on something that is on my computer. Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Is your system having issues? Run a spyware and virus scan, if it's clean and your computer is working fine, let them be. You can contact MS and see if they will let you talk to a programmer who you can ask about those files.

People who try to mess around with "unknown" files tend to make their systems unbootable sooner or later. I remember a post where someone wanted to delete files he found because "everything is working fine, but these files may cause me issues in the future".
Is your system having issues? Run a spyware and virus scan, if it's clean and your computer is working fine, let them be. You can contact MS and see if they will let you talk to a programmer who you can ask about those files.

People who try to mess around with "unknown" files tend to make their systems unbootable sooner or later. I remember a post where someone wanted to delete files he found because "everything is working fine, but these files may cause me issues in the future".

Solution