Problem with PC card

Please ignore previous post. I recently installed a Type
II PC card USB 2.0 and FireWire card Bus on my notebook.
I installed all the drivers as instructed, but when I
installed the card, I got a message that said, "This
device can no be started (Code 10)." and when I added a
USB 2.0 Zip drive to the USB port in the card, I got a
message that read "Hi-Speed USB device is plugged into a
non-Hi-Speed bus". I've been to the website of the
card's manufacturer and downloaded the latest drivers,
and I searched without success for applicable updates on
Microsoft's wabsite. I have exhausted all available
options on my computer's troubleshooter without any luck.
Can anyone suggest anything that could help my computer
recognize this card as a Hi-Speed device? And what the
heck does "Code 10" mean?
2 answers Last reply
More about problem card

    To make your Windows XP function correctly with USB 2, you need SP1 plus one other Windows Update [not a critical update].

    This is listed as:

    Recommended Update for Windows XP SP1 (KB822603)
    Download size: 341 KB, < 1 minute
    This update addresses the "Availability of the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 Update" issue in Windows XP and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article 822603. Download now to install the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 update. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

    Bar,

    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, it did not work.
    The downloads and installation worked, although
    installation for the service pack seemed very long
    (almost four hours), but the card is still not working
    properly.

    John

USB Windows XP