No Sound from my A7V333 after installation? Please help.

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have just moved the internals of my PC to a new case. Everything is
the same (Mobo, HDDs, CPU etc

The only trouble is, I dont get any sound from the onboard sound
connection.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the old setup and
the new is that I have not connected the front panel sound wires to
the mobo header. The speakers are connected to the rear of the case
anyway (as they were in the old case)

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?

For the record I have:
double checked the speakers are plugged in correctly
checked the device is "enabled"

cheers

Harry

Il Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:58:30 +0100, Harry ha scritto:

> I have just moved the internals of my PC to a new case. Everything is
> the same (Mobo, HDDs, CPU etc
>
> The only trouble is, I dont get any sound from the onboard sound
> connection.
>
> As far as I can tell, the only difference between the old setup and
> the new is that I have not connected the front panel sound wires to
> the mobo header. The speakers are connected to the rear of the case
> anyway (as they were in the old case)
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?
>
> For the record I have:
> double checked the speakers are plugged in correctly
> checked the device is "enabled"

What about checking the software volume controls?

Paul

Splendid

In article <pan.2004.06.29.11.16.50.117436@leg.it>, _P_e_ar_lALegend
<end_6@leg.it> wrote:

> Il Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:58:30 +0100, Harry ha scritto:
>
> > I have just moved the internals of my PC to a new case. Everything is
> > the same (Mobo, HDDs, CPU etc
> >
> > The only trouble is, I dont get any sound from the onboard sound
> > connection.
> >
> > As far as I can tell, the only difference between the old setup and
> > the new is that I have not connected the front panel sound wires to
> > the mobo header. The speakers are connected to the rear of the case
> > anyway (as they were in the old case)
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?
> >
> > For the record I have:
> > double checked the speakers are plugged in correctly
> > checked the device is "enabled"
> >
> What about checking the software volume controls?

In the manual, item #25, is a header called IPANEL. When you remove
the case front audio wiring from this header, you need to put the
two factory jumpers back on the header. Jumper:

BLINE_OUT_L to LINE_OUT_L

BLINE_OUT_R to LINE_OUT_R

That should cause the lime colored Lineout on the back of the
computer to work again. It appears there is a similar scheme for
the Line_In connector on this motherboard as well, but at least
Asus documented that one properly in the manual.

The IPANEL header is similar to FP_AUDIO on many other Asus
motherboards, so downloading the manual for another board will
give you a picture of the two jumpers, if you need to see one.

HTH,
Paul

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:16:52 +0200, _P_e_ar_lALegend <end_6@leg.it>
wrote:

>Il Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:58:30 +0100, Harry ha scritto:
>
>> I have just moved the internals of my PC to a new case. Everything is
>> the same (Mobo, HDDs, CPU etc
>>
>> The only trouble is, I dont get any sound from the onboard sound
>> connection.
>>
>> As far as I can tell, the only difference between the old setup and
>> the new is that I have not connected the front panel sound wires to
>> the mobo header. The speakers are connected to the rear of the case
>> anyway (as they were in the old case)
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?
>>
>> For the record I have:
>> double checked the speakers are plugged in correctly
>> checked the device is "enabled"
>>
>What about checking the software volume controls?
Yes, I did that... :eek:/

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:28:16 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <pan.2004.06.29.11.16.50.117436@leg.it>, _P_e_ar_lALegend
><end_6@leg.it> wrote:
>
>> Il Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:58:30 +0100, Harry ha scritto:
>>
>> > I have just moved the internals of my PC to a new case. Everything is
>> > the same (Mobo, HDDs, CPU etc
>> >
>> > The only trouble is, I dont get any sound from the onboard sound
>> > connection.
>> >
>> > As far as I can tell, the only difference between the old setup and
>> > the new is that I have not connected the front panel sound wires to
>> > the mobo header. The speakers are connected to the rear of the case
>> > anyway (as they were in the old case)
>> >
>> > Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?
>> >
>> > For the record I have:
>> > double checked the speakers are plugged in correctly
>> > checked the device is "enabled"
>> >
>> What about checking the software volume controls?
>
>In the manual, item #25, is a header called IPANEL. When you remove
>the case front audio wiring from this header, you need to put the
>two factory jumpers back on the header. Jumper:
>
> BLINE_OUT_L to LINE_OUT_L
>
> BLINE_OUT_R to LINE_OUT_R
>
>That should cause the lime colored Lineout on the back of the
>computer to work again. It appears there is a similar scheme for
>the Line_In connector on this motherboard as well, but at least
>Asus documented that one properly in the manual.
>
>The IPANEL header is similar to FP_AUDIO on many other Asus
>motherboards, so downloading the manual for another board will
>give you a picture of the two jumpers, if you need to see one.
>
>HTH,
> Paul
Cheers Paul

I will try it tonight. Thanks very much.

Harry

"Harry" <A@A.A> schreef in bericht
> I have just moved the internals of my PC to a new case. Everything is
> the same (Mobo, HDDs, CPU etc
>
> The only trouble is, I dont get any sound from the onboard sound
> connection.
>
> As far as I can tell, the only difference between the old setup and
> the new is that I have not connected the front panel sound wires to
> the mobo header. The speakers are connected to the rear of the case
> anyway (as they were in the old case)
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?
>
> For the record I have:
> double checked the speakers are plugged in correctly
> checked the device is "enabled"
>
> cheers
>
> Harry

Keep it that way. A friend of mine had a similar problem, and
he just had to enable a jumper at the edge of the board. But
after driver loading and hearing the quality of the sound, now
he prefers to use a PCI soundcard. With a Creative card
among others you also get better utilities for you audio.

yka

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:19:25 +0100, Harry <A@A.A> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:28:16 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:
>
>>In article <pan.2004.06.29.11.16.50.117436@leg.it>, _P_e_ar_lALegend
>><end_6@leg.it> wrote:

>>> What about checking the software volume controls?
>>
>>In the manual, item #25, is a header called IPANEL. When you remove
>>the case front audio wiring from this header, you need to put the
>>two factory jumpers back on the header. Jumper:
>>
>> BLINE_OUT_L to LINE_OUT_L
>>
>> BLINE_OUT_R to LINE_OUT_R
>>
>>That should cause the lime colored Lineout on the back of the
>>computer to work again. It appears there is a similar scheme for
>>the Line_In connector on this motherboard as well, but at least
>>Asus documented that one properly in the manual.
>>
>>The IPANEL header is similar to FP_AUDIO on many other Asus
>>motherboards, so downloading the manual for another board will
>>give you a picture of the two jumpers, if you need to see one.
>>
>>HTH,
>> Paul
>Cheers Paul
>
>I will try it tonight. Thanks very much.
>
>Harry

Cheers guys,

the jumper setting solved the problem.

much appreciated Paul