XP killed my onboard USB

I have 6 USB ports based out of 3 different controllers built into the Motherbooard. They all ran smoothly in a Windows2000 environment but as soon as I upgraded to XP ProSP1 they ceased to function but are detected on boot up( the driver installs error out though). I have Upgraded the MB bios, disabled the onboard controllers using the bios utility, deleted, disabled and otherwise recreated the instances of the USB controllers just about everywhich way I could possibly think of. At the moment I have 2 of the 3 controllers disabled in the hopes that some critical update will coincidentally fix it. Little help out there?

Have you tried installing drivers from the manufacturers website?

Bobby

"closetgeek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 6 USB ports based out of 3 different controllers built into the
>Motherbooard. They all ran smoothly in a Windows2000 environment but as
>soon as I upgraded to XP ProSP1 they ceased to function but are detected on
>boot up( the driver installs error out though). I have Upgraded the MB
>bios, disabled the onboard controllers using the bios utility, deleted,
>disabled and otherwise recreated the instances of the USB controllers just
>about everywhich way I could possibly think of. At the moment I have 2 of
>the 3 controllers disabled in the hopes that some critical update will
>coincidentally fix it. Little help out there?

bar

Go to Windows Update and look for this one in the Windows Section - not critical updates or drivers.

Recommended Update for Windows XP SP1 (KB822603)
Download size: 341 KB, < 1 minute
This update addresses the "Availability of the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 Update" issue in Windows XP and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article 822603. Download now to install the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 update. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer