Working with Two NIC

jeff

I am getting a lot of notebook that have two NIC (one wireless and another
cable).

I have some users that are just on the border of our wireless connection,
and their wireless connection is unstable. Even if they plug their computer
into the cabled network it seem that all their application run through the
wireless NIC first then it tries the cable NIC. This is causing a problem
with a couple of applications. It their away that I can setup their
computers so that everything tries to run thorough their cable NIC first,
and if the Cable NIC is not working it tries their wireless NIC
automatically?

Try this.

1. Open the Network Connections folder.
2. In the menu choose Advanced | Advanced Settings.
3. Reorder the adapters in the Connections box so that the wired NIC is
first.

Steve Riley
steriley@microsoft.com

"Jeff" <jroth@nd.edu> wrote in message
>I am getting a lot of notebook that have two NIC (one wireless and another
>cable).
>
> I have some users that are just on the border of our wireless connection,
> and their wireless connection is unstable. Even if they plug their
> computer into the cabled network it seem that all their application run
> through the wireless NIC first then it tries the cable NIC. This is
> causing a problem with a couple of applications. It their away that I can
> setup their computers so that everything tries to run thorough their cable
> NIC first, and if the Cable NIC is not working it tries their wireless NIC
> automatically?

peter

http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=267
here is another way..........most companies sell these
look for it on the wab page of your wireless manufacturer
peter
"Jeff" <jroth@nd.edu> wrote in message
>I am getting a lot of notebook that have two NIC (one wireless and another
>cable).
>
> I have some users that are just on the border of our wireless connection, and
> their wireless connection is unstable. Even if they plug their computer into
> the cabled network it seem that all their application run through the wireless
> NIC first then it tries the cable NIC. This is causing a problem with a
> couple of applications. It their away that I can setup their computers so
> that everything tries to run thorough their cable NIC first, and if the Cable
> NIC is not working it tries their wireless NIC automatically?

jeff

Thank you for your help!