Toshiba notebook keyboard THotkey retrieval failed.

Running WindowsXP toshiba notebook. Computer loads up OK, and soon after an error comes up as follows:
TouchEd Error. Retrieval of THotkey failed. Error code 0x00031402, 0x00000002. Everything is working OK on computer except can no longer use the Fn key to turn down the brightness on the screen or any other Fn functions.
This seemed to have occurred after installing SimAquarium screensaver which went OK but blanked my picture of the desktop so it didn't show even when screensaver was off. Uninstalled the program through program's installer.
Can anyone out there help me please ?

Go to the Toshiba website and download and install the Utilities drivers for
your model of notebook.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com