AndreL

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

I have a wireless mouse and when I stop moving the mouse the light on the reciving end still blinks, also the light on the mose part of it flickers sometimes when I turn it upside down to look at the light inside.

This hard somtimes to control the motion of it when I using it and trying to click on somtheing small and the mouse pointer just jumps around. What can I do to stop this.

Thxk in Adv ...

peter

Hi,

Change the mouse settings, reduce the acceleration to slower rate.

Peter

----- AndreL wrote: -----

Yes I have tried new batteries I forgot to post that.

AndreL said in news:AFBD68FF-DBF5-4D78-B918-15F5BB231DA1@microsoft.com:
> I have a wireless mouse and when I stop moving the mouse the light on
> the reciving end still blinks, also the light on the mose part of it
> flickers sometimes when I turn it upside down to look at the light
> inside.
>
> This hard somtimes to control the motion of it when I using it and
> trying to click on somtheing small and the mouse pointer just jumps
> around. What can I do to stop this.
>
> Thxk in Adv ...

Have you pressed the sync button on the receiver and the mouse?

Have you checked that no one near you also uses a cordless mouse? I've
seen one user have problems because another user up one floor and about
50 feet away was also using a cordless mouse although, I believe, the
max distance apart is supposed to be 15 feet with a recommendation that
they be 12 feet apart.

Uninstall the vendor's mouse software, reboot to use the std ps/2 mouse
driver, configure the ps/2 driver to its defaults (no acceleration,
medium speed, no snap-to button action, no clicklock), and then
reinstall the vendor's mouse software.

Have you tried upping the sampling rater and/or buffer size (Device
Manager, properties for the mouse device)?

*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=NEWS=" to Subject.