DAMN BOTS

BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
around playing them online.

Jim
15 answers Last reply
More about damn bots

    Jim schrieb am 15.04.05 15:14:
    > BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
    > wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
    > around playing them online.

    Little workaround: choose a server you want to join and click
    on server-info. If there are two or more bots they all have "joined"
    *exactly* the same time. And that's unlikely for human players.
    cu, BM

    "Burkhardt Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message
    > Jim schrieb am 15.04.05 15:14:
    > > BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
    > > wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
    > > around playing them online.
    >
    > Little workaround: choose a server you want to join and click
    > on server-info. If there are two or more bots they all have "joined"
    > *exactly* the same time. And that's unlikely for human players.
    > cu, BM

    I always see bots as having a time of -1s, in server info.

    Lief wrote on 4/15/2005 11:01 AM:
    > "Burkhardt Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>Jim schrieb am 15.04.05 15:14:
    >>
    >>>BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
    >>>wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
    >>>around playing them online.
    >>
    >>Little workaround: choose a server you want to join and click
    >>on server-info. If there are two or more bots they all have "joined"
    >>*exactly* the same time. And that's unlikely for human players.
    >>cu, BM
    >>

    > I always see bots as having a time of -1s, in server info.

    Thanks guys. Will do.

    Jim
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    or use HLSW it shows up bots in brackets so you know how many bots there are
    without getting server info

    --
    Bandulu

    .................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
    pressure.........
    ........................the most important thing is not to crack...........

    -=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
    contact me for details=-

    Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
    quakenet......

    "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message
    > Lief wrote on 4/15/2005 11:01 AM:
    >> "Burkhardt Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message

    >>>Little workaround: choose a server you want to join and click
    >>>on server-info. If there are two or more bots they all have "joined"
    >>>*exactly* the same time. And that's unlikely for human players.
    >>>cu, BM
    >>>

    >> I always see bots as having a time of -1s, in server info.
    >>

    > Thanks guys. Will do.
    >
    > Jim
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    > BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
    > wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
    > around playing them online.

    I find BOTs take enough CPU power away from the game that using someone
    else's is a definite advantage.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    As a Server & Clan admin we find the use of Bots useful.
    We always leave 4 on when its empty. That way if an individual come in he
    has a choice to play with them or go else where. As opposed to no choice.

    We try to reduce/eliminate the Bots as people join. We do find they can
    help fill an empty server.
    DogsBollocks www.naturalkillers.com 213.253.57.29:27025

    "Bandulu" <bandulu@REMOVEMEstressed-out.org> wrote in message
    > or use HLSW it shows up bots in brackets so you know how many bots there
    > are without getting server info
    >

    > --
    > Bandulu
    >
    > ................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
    > pressure.........
    > .......................the most important thing is not to crack...........
    >
    > -=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
    > contact me for details=-
    >
    > Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
    > quakenet......
    >
    > "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message
    >> Lief wrote on 4/15/2005 11:01 AM:
    >>> "Burkhardt Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message

    >>> I always see bots as having a time of -1s, in server info.
    >>>

    >> Thanks guys. Will do.
    >>
    >> Jim

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Not if you have a descent Game server

    "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote in message
    > "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message
    >> BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
    >> wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
    >> around playing them online.
    >
    > I find BOTs take enough CPU power away from the game that using someone
    > else's is a definite advantage.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote in message

    > > I find BOTs take enough CPU power away from the game that using someone
    > > else's is a definite advantage.

    > Not if you have a descent Game server

    Now I haven't heard of t h a t game in a while. But what does it have to
    do with CSS?

    Ohhhh - "d e c e n t"...

    ;-)

    Must be one of my settings. On a 3GHz HT PC (which I thought was pretty
    good), running any more than three BOTs makes the game lag so much as to be
    unplayable. Might try it again, though, to see if I can make a cap video of
    that hitbox thing...
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Yeah, I agree - nobody joins an empty server, in my experience...

    > As a Server & Clan admin we find the use of Bots useful.
    > We always leave 4 on when its empty. That way if an individual come in he
    > has a choice to play with them or go else where. As opposed to no choice.
    >
    > We try to reduce/eliminate the Bots as people join. We do find they can
    > help fill an empty server.
    > DogsBollocks www.naturalkillers.com 213.253.57.29:27025
    >

    > "Bandulu" <bandulu@REMOVEMEstressed-out.org> wrote in message
    >> or use HLSW it shows up bots in brackets so you know how many bots there
    >> are without getting server info
    >>

    >> --
    >> Bandulu
    >>
    >> ................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
    >> pressure.........
    >> .......................the most important thing is not to
    >> crack...........
    >>
    >> -=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
    >> contact me for details=-
    >>
    >> Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
    >> quakenet......
    >>
    >> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks guys. Will do.
    >>>
    >>> Jim

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:53:32 GMT, "G Hardy"
    <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

    snip

    >Must be one of my settings. On a 3GHz HT PC (which I thought was pretty
    >good), running any more than three BOTs makes the game lag so much as to be
    >unplayable. Might try it again, though, to see if I can make a cap video of
    >that hitbox thing...

    i run source on an xp3000+[166fsb] with 512 dual channel ram & 9700pro
    with 7 bots - the framerate counter almost never turns red [below
    40fps, i think]. usually fps drops when all ts/cts contact & a couple
    smokies go off then everyone goes auto-fire mental.
    if i add 2 more bots i'll see the framecounter go red quite often & on
    cs_compound it almost never goes green.
    you don't mention how much ram you have but if <1GB you might think
    about upgrading, always assuming your gfx are in the same league as
    your cpu.

    dr ratt

    gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
    lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
    gary: you know i can't promise that.
    lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
    gary: i promise. i will never die.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
    > i run source on an xp3000+[166fsb] with 512 dual channel ram & 9700pro
    > with 7 bots - the framerate counter almost never turns red [below
    > 40fps, i think]. usually fps drops when all ts/cts contact & a couple
    > smokies go off then everyone goes auto-fire mental.
    > if i add 2 more bots i'll see the framecounter go red quite often & on
    > cs_compound it almost never goes green.
    > you don't mention how much ram you have but if <1GB you might think
    > about upgrading, always assuming your gfx are in the same league as
    > your cpu.

    Probably not - Matrox Parhelia 128. It's mainly for video editing, I can't
    really afford another machine for gaming. Even if I could, I don't have the
    room for it.

    As for RAM - 512 Mb
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 21:36:58 GMT, "G Hardy"
    <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

    >"dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> i run source on an xp3000+[166fsb] with 512 dual channel ram & 9700pro
    >> with 7 bots - the framerate counter almost never turns red [below
    >> 40fps, i think]. usually fps drops when all ts/cts contact & a couple
    >> smokies go off then everyone goes auto-fire mental.
    >> if i add 2 more bots i'll see the framecounter go red quite often & on
    >> cs_compound it almost never goes green.
    >> you don't mention how much ram you have but if <1GB you might think
    >> about upgrading, always assuming your gfx are in the same league as
    >> your cpu.
    >
    >Probably not - Matrox Parhelia 128. It's mainly for video editing, I can't
    >really afford another machine for gaming. Even if I could, I don't have the
    >room for it.
    >
    >As for RAM - 512 Mb

    i'd say that gfx is where you need an upgrade. geforce 6600GT is the
    value for money gaming card currently but i have no idea about its
    video editing suitability.
    for a card that's as good with video as with games, ask in
    alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati & a.c.p.v.nvidia.

    dr ratt

    gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
    lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
    gary: you know i can't promise that.
    lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
    gary: i promise. i will never die.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    CSX,
    Looked at the server, no users playing, do bots join in when someone
    connects?
    "CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > As a Server & Clan admin we find the use of Bots useful.
    > We always leave 4 on when its empty. That way if an individual come in he
    > has a choice to play with them or go else where. As opposed to no choice.
    >
    > We try to reduce/eliminate the Bots as people join. We do find they can
    > help fill an empty server.
    > DogsBollocks www.naturalkillers.com 213.253.57.29:27025
    >

    > "Bandulu" <bandulu@REMOVEMEstressed-out.org> wrote in message
    >> or use HLSW it shows up bots in brackets so you know how many bots there
    >> are without getting server info
    >>

    >> --
    >> Bandulu
    >>
    >> ................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
    >> pressure.........
    >> .......................the most important thing is not to
    >> crack...........
    >>
    >> -=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
    >> contact me for details=-
    >>
    >> Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
    >> quakenet......
    >>
    >> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks guys. Will do.
    >>>
    >>> Jim

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Na we put them in manually.
    Oh did see u in Friday
    Welcome

    "Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message
    > CSX,
    > Looked at the server, no users playing, do bots join in when someone
    > connects?
    > "CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> As a Server & Clan admin we find the use of Bots useful.
    >> We always leave 4 on when its empty. That way if an individual come in
    >> he has a choice to play with them or go else where. As opposed to no
    >> choice.
    >>
    >> We try to reduce/eliminate the Bots as people join. We do find they can
    >> help fill an empty server.
    >> DogsBollocks www.naturalkillers.com 213.253.57.29:27025
    >>

    >> "Bandulu" <bandulu@REMOVEMEstressed-out.org> wrote in message
    >>> or use HLSW it shows up bots in brackets so you know how many bots there
    >>> are without getting server info
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Bandulu
    >>>
    >>> ................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
    >>> pressure.........
    >>> .......................the most important thing is not to
    >>> crack...........
    >>>
    >>> -=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
    >>> contact me for details=-
    >>>
    >>> Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
    >>> quakenet......
    >>>
    >>> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Yep, I was there, As I recall, I got slaughtered.
    Oh well, it's still fun, even if you lose.
    Cheers!
    Squat

    > Na we put them in manually.
    > Oh did see u in Friday
    > Welcome
    >
    > "Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message
    >> CSX,
    >> Looked at the server, no users playing, do bots join in when someone
    >> connects?
    >> "CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> As a Server & Clan admin we find the use of Bots useful.
    >>> We always leave 4 on when its empty. That way if an individual come in
    >>> he has a choice to play with them or go else where. As opposed to no
    >>> choice.
    >>>
    >>> We try to reduce/eliminate the Bots as people join. We do find they can
    >>> help fill an empty server.
    >>> DogsBollocks www.naturalkillers.com 213.253.57.29:27025
    >>>

    >>> "Bandulu" <bandulu@REMOVEMEstressed-out.org> wrote in message

Games Servers Video Games