Jim

BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
around playing them online.

Jim

Jim schrieb am 15.04.05 15:14:
> BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
> wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
> around playing them online.

Little workaround: choose a server you want to join and click
on server-info. If there are two or more bots they all have "joined"
*exactly* the same time. And that's unlikely for human players.
cu, BM

"Burkhardt Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message
> Jim schrieb am 15.04.05 15:14:
> > BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
> > wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
> > around playing them online.
>
> Little workaround: choose a server you want to join and click
> on server-info. If there are two or more bots they all have "joined"
> *exactly* the same time. And that's unlikely for human players.
> cu, BM

I always see bots as having a time of -1s, in server info.

Jim

Lief wrote on 4/15/2005 11:01 AM:
> "Burkhardt Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message
>
>>Jim schrieb am 15.04.05 15:14:
>>
>>>BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
>>>wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
>>>around playing them online.
>>
>>Little workaround: choose a server you want to join and click
>>on server-info. If there are two or more bots they all have "joined"
>>*exactly* the same time. And that's unlikely for human players.
>>cu, BM
>>

> I always see bots as having a time of -1s, in server info.

Thanks guys. Will do.

Jim

or use HLSW it shows up bots in brackets so you know how many bots there are
without getting server info

--
Bandulu

.................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
pressure.........
........................the most important thing is not to crack...........

-=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
contact me for details=-

Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
quakenet......

> BOTS should not show as players when you are looking for a server! If I
> wanted to play a bunch of bots, I would load a local game and not mess
> around playing them online.

I find BOTs take enough CPU power away from the game that using someone
else's is a definite advantage.

As a Server & Clan admin we find the use of Bots useful.
We always leave 4 on when its empty. That way if an individual come in he
has a choice to play with them or go else where. As opposed to no choice.

We try to reduce/eliminate the Bots as people join. We do find they can
help fill an empty server.
DogsBollocks www.naturalkillers.com 213.253.57.29:27025

"Bandulu" <bandulu@REMOVEMEstressed-out.org> wrote in message
> or use HLSW it shows up bots in brackets so you know how many bots there
> are without getting server info
>

> --
> Bandulu
>
> ................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
> pressure.........
> .......................the most important thing is not to crack...........
>
> -=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
> contact me for details=-
>
> Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
> quakenet......
>
> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message
>> Lief wrote on 4/15/2005 11:01 AM:
>>> "Burkhardt Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message

>>> I always see bots as having a time of -1s, in server info.
>>>

>> Thanks guys. Will do.
>>
>> Jim

Not if you have a descent Game server

"CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote in message

> > I find BOTs take enough CPU power away from the game that using someone
> > else's is a definite advantage.

> Not if you have a descent Game server

Now I haven't heard of t h a t game in a while. But what does it have to
do with CSS?

Ohhhh - "d e c e n t"...

;-)

Must be one of my settings. On a 3GHz HT PC (which I thought was pretty
good), running any more than three BOTs makes the game lag so much as to be
unplayable. Might try it again, though, to see if I can make a cap video of
that hitbox thing...

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah, I agree - nobody joins an empty server, in my experience...

> As a Server & Clan admin we find the use of Bots useful.
> We always leave 4 on when its empty. That way if an individual come in he
> has a choice to play with them or go else where. As opposed to no choice.
>
> We try to reduce/eliminate the Bots as people join. We do find they can
> help fill an empty server.
> DogsBollocks www.naturalkillers.com 213.253.57.29:27025
>

> "Bandulu" <bandulu@REMOVEMEstressed-out.org> wrote in message
>> or use HLSW it shows up bots in brackets so you know how many bots there
>> are without getting server info
>>

>> --
>> Bandulu
>>
>> ................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
>> pressure.........
>> .......................the most important thing is not to
>> crack...........
>>
>> -=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
>> contact me for details=-
>>
>> Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
>> quakenet......
>>
>> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message

>>> Thanks guys. Will do.
>>>
>>> Jim

On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:53:32 GMT, "G Hardy"
<gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

snip

>Must be one of my settings. On a 3GHz HT PC (which I thought was pretty
>good), running any more than three BOTs makes the game lag so much as to be
>unplayable. Might try it again, though, to see if I can make a cap video of
>that hitbox thing...

i run source on an xp3000+[166fsb] with 512 dual channel ram & 9700pro
with 7 bots - the framerate counter almost never turns red [below
40fps, i think]. usually fps drops when all ts/cts contact & a couple
smokies go off then everyone goes auto-fire mental.
if i add 2 more bots i'll see the framecounter go red quite often & on
cs_compound it almost never goes green.
you don't mention how much ram you have but if <1GB you might think
about upgrading, always assuming your gfx are in the same league as
your cpu.

dr ratt

gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
gary: you know i can't promise that.
lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
gary: i promise. i will never die.

"dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
> i run source on an xp3000+[166fsb] with 512 dual channel ram & 9700pro
> with 7 bots - the framerate counter almost never turns red [below
> 40fps, i think]. usually fps drops when all ts/cts contact & a couple
> smokies go off then everyone goes auto-fire mental.
> if i add 2 more bots i'll see the framecounter go red quite often & on
> cs_compound it almost never goes green.
> you don't mention how much ram you have but if <1GB you might think
> about upgrading, always assuming your gfx are in the same league as
> your cpu.

Probably not - Matrox Parhelia 128. It's mainly for video editing, I can't
really afford another machine for gaming. Even if I could, I don't have the
room for it.

As for RAM - 512 Mb

On Tue, 10 May 2005 21:36:58 GMT, "G Hardy"
<gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

>"dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
>> i run source on an xp3000+[166fsb] with 512 dual channel ram & 9700pro
>> with 7 bots - the framerate counter almost never turns red [below
>> 40fps, i think]. usually fps drops when all ts/cts contact & a couple
>> smokies go off then everyone goes auto-fire mental.
>> if i add 2 more bots i'll see the framecounter go red quite often & on
>> cs_compound it almost never goes green.
>> you don't mention how much ram you have but if <1GB you might think
>> about upgrading, always assuming your gfx are in the same league as
>> your cpu.
>
>Probably not - Matrox Parhelia 128. It's mainly for video editing, I can't
>really afford another machine for gaming. Even if I could, I don't have the
>room for it.
>
>As for RAM - 512 Mb

i'd say that gfx is where you need an upgrade. geforce 6600GT is the
value for money gaming card currently but i have no idea about its
video editing suitability.
for a card that's as good with video as with games, ask in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati & a.c.p.v.nvidia.

dr ratt

gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
gary: you know i can't promise that.
lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
gary: i promise. i will never die.

CSX,
Looked at the server, no users playing, do bots join in when someone
connects?
"CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> As a Server & Clan admin we find the use of Bots useful.
> We always leave 4 on when its empty. That way if an individual come in he
> has a choice to play with them or go else where. As opposed to no choice.
>
> We try to reduce/eliminate the Bots as people join. We do find they can
> help fill an empty server.
> DogsBollocks www.naturalkillers.com 213.253.57.29:27025
>

> "Bandulu" <bandulu@REMOVEMEstressed-out.org> wrote in message
>> or use HLSW it shows up bots in brackets so you know how many bots there
>> are without getting server info
>>

>> --
>> Bandulu
>>
>> ................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
>> pressure.........
>> .......................the most important thing is not to
>> crack...........
>>
>> -=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
>> contact me for details=-
>>
>> Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
>> quakenet......
>>
>> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message

>>> Thanks guys. Will do.
>>>
>>> Jim

Na we put them in manually.
Oh did see u in Friday
Welcome

"Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message
> CSX,
> Looked at the server, no users playing, do bots join in when someone
> connects?
> "CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> As a Server & Clan admin we find the use of Bots useful.
>> We always leave 4 on when its empty. That way if an individual come in
>> he has a choice to play with them or go else where. As opposed to no
>> choice.
>>
>> We try to reduce/eliminate the Bots as people join. We do find they can
>> help fill an empty server.
>> DogsBollocks www.naturalkillers.com 213.253.57.29:27025
>>

>> "Bandulu" <bandulu@REMOVEMEstressed-out.org> wrote in message
>>> or use HLSW it shows up bots in brackets so you know how many bots there
>>> are without getting server info
>>>

>>> --
>>> Bandulu
>>>
>>> ................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
>>> pressure.........
>>> .......................the most important thing is not to
>>>
>>> -=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
>>> contact me for details=-
>>>
>>> Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
>>> quakenet......
>>>
>>> "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message

Yep, I was there, As I recall, I got slaughtered.
Oh well, it's still fun, even if you lose.
Cheers!
Squat