B-Dog

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

My motherboard is acting weird. Coming out of the bios if I do a save or a
discard and exit it will exit bios and then go to black screen and monitor
will go in powersave. I can never get it to boot up correctly cause each
time it boots it says I need to enter into bios to save changes. But
everytime I go to save and exit it won't reboot. I tried upgrading bios to
the latest version but even that was a pain. Each time I try and go into
flash the bios it would hang up. Finally after a hour or so I got it going
but I'm not to sure the MB is messed up. Anyone had problems with this
motherboard? The PC is from cyberpower.

Thanks

Do not know what caused that. But I have had that motherboard - and
never ran into any problem.

"B-Dog" <bdog4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My motherboard is acting weird. Coming out of the bios if I do a save or
> discard and exit it will exit bios and then go to black screen and monitor
> will go in powersave. I can never get it to boot up correctly cause each
> time it boots it says I need to enter into bios to save changes. But
> everytime I go to save and exit it won't reboot. I tried upgrading bios
> the latest version but even that was a pain. Each time I try and go into
> flash the bios it would hang up. Finally after a hour or so I got it
going
> but I'm not to sure the MB is messed up. Anyone had problems with this
> motherboard? The PC is from cyberpower.
>
> Thanks

I,ve seen a similar thing with a Shuttle box - it would go to the BIOS on
startup as it said the CPU speed was wrong. I set the correct speed and
reboot only for the thing to refuse to boot at all, so cleared BIOS using
the jumper and then we are back to the BIOS stating CPU speed
wrong....AAARRRGGGG!

Had to flash the BIOS using a floppy to cure it, been fine for the last 6
months (fingers crossed)

Adam S

Replace your cmos battery, also if youre flashing the BIOS - dont use the
onboard bios reprogrammer thingy. Use a dos disk - the onboard reprogrammer
screws up a lot for me.