Asus motherboards produce no beeps

It seems the new boards only work if the memory is installed and good
and same with the video card.

Why do companies like these think they can alter the rules.

If I put a cpu into a mb and turn it on I want beeps.

How are you going to know you have faulty memory?

On 1 Jul 2004 04:58:07 -0700, alpinekid@hotmail.com (Clive) wrote:

>It seems the new boards only work if the memory is installed and good
>and same with the video card.
>
>Why do companies like these think they can alter the rules.
>
>If I put a cpu into a mb and turn it on I want beeps.
>
>How are you going to know you have faulty memory?

You may need to go into bios and select slow boot up that what I had
to do to get beeps