Can I run two networks in the same place

Guys,
A hotel need a plasma display showing content from a pc but
they don't wont us to run cables from a pc which is the best way of course,
So we are thinking of using a OTC Wireless Data 802.11g adapter to send
content playing on pc
which will be Flash files of different animations to the plasma, anybody
ever done this?, and will it play smothly

But also the Hotel already has a Wireless network for the guests laptops
Can we run two together?, We cant change the current AP so any changes
have to be done to our setup

Would it be better to run the plasma and pc in adhoc mode or as a 2nd AP?
This will be playing 24hrs so I need to make sure these two networks are not
going to crash each other,

Any advice would be very good

Thanks
Oliver

I have looked into running a display remotely to a projector using wireless
from a pc and wireless card. The initial reaearch , about 6 months ago,
suggested that the wireless didn't have the thoughput to handle animation or
movie type video, and was not suggested. Recent research revealed that
there is a system to transmit your video over Cat 5 twisted pair cable
(ethernet) which requires a small adapter at each end. We didn't go that
way either, but was intrigued by it and thought it had potential in other
applications... maybe yours. I don't have links handy, they are at work,
but easy to find... Google "VGA to video adapters" is how I found them.

Good Luck,

"Oliver Gunnell" <Oliver.spamGunnell@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Guys,
> A hotel need a plasma display showing content from a pc but
> they don't wont us to run cables from a pc which is the best way of
course,
> So we are thinking of using a OTC Wireless Data 802.11g adapter to send
> content playing on pc
> which will be Flash files of different animations to the plasma, anybody
> ever done this?, and will it play smothly
>
> But also the Hotel already has a Wireless network for the guests laptops
> Can we run two together?, We cant change the current AP so any changes
> have to be done to our setup
>
> Would it be better to run the plasma and pc in adhoc mode or as a 2nd AP?
> This will be playing 24hrs so I need to make sure these two networks are
not
> going to crash each other,
>
> Any advice would be very good
>
> Thanks
> Oliver

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

I do not know about Plasma things.

However Two Bridged Access Point is much better then Ad-Hoc.

You can assign different SSID and Channel and other security measures, and
use two Wireless Networks in the same place.

Wireless Modes: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html

Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Oliver Gunnell" <Oliver.spamGunnell@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Guys,
> A hotel need a plasma display showing content from a pc but
> they don't wont us to run cables from a pc which is the best way of
course,
> So we are thinking of using a OTC Wireless Data 802.11g adapter to send
> content playing on pc
> which will be Flash files of different animations to the plasma, anybody
> ever done this?, and will it play smothly
>
> But also the Hotel already has a Wireless network for the guests laptops
> Can we run two together?, We cant change the current AP so any changes
> have to be done to our setup
>
> Would it be better to run the plasma and pc in adhoc mode or as a 2nd AP?
> This will be playing 24hrs so I need to make sure these two networks are
not
> going to crash each other,
>
> Any advice would be very good
>
> Thanks