K8V Delux boot up

Turned on my conmputer K8V Delux board running AMD 3200+ and just got
a steady set of peeps no boot. Did a reset and it came up ok. Can
anyone tell me what a steady set of peeps is about.

It's in the manual....you know...that yellow papery thingie that was in the
box....

Bobby

"David Wells" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Turned on my conmputer K8V Delux board running AMD 3200+ and just got
> a steady set of peeps no boot. Did a reset and it came up ok. Can
> anyone tell me what a steady set of peeps is about.

Well I looked through my book a second time now and cannot fine a list
of beep codes it talks about the voice but I am using a sound blater
card so never get any voice. If some can tell me what steday beeps
means please tell me .

Paul

Splendid

In article <qb89e0pctul2702fqr9f0lrjudos3mp12m@4ax.com>, David Wells
<nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Well I looked through my book a second time now and cannot fine a list
> of beep codes it talks about the voice but I am using a sound blater
> card so never get any voice. If some can tell me what steday beeps
> means please tell me .

Even if you are using a Sound Blaster, the Voice POST will _still_
output its signal on the lime colored Lineout jack on the back of
the computer. Just make sure the two jumpers are on the FP_AUDIO
header, as that provides continuity of the signals all the
way to the back of the computer. Voice messages can take up to
a minute before they are output to the Lineout connector, so
be patient. Their timing depends on how far into the POST
sequence you have to get to, before they are output.

Paul