P2B-DS CPU upgrade troubles :-(

Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 1, 2004 9:47:31 PM

Hi and thnx for spending time reading this

I'm trying to get my old P2B-DS HW.ver 1.06 up and running with a Celeron
900 (1,75V 100MHz FSB)
in a ASUSS 370DL CPU-card

BIOS is upgraded to 1014Beta3 and the Mobo is working fine with my old
350MHz

I cannot for sure find out, how to set the clockmultiplier.. ?!?!
FSB is set to 100MHz

generally ideas - or knowledge from similar systems is much appreciated

Regards
Morten
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 2, 2004 3:22:50 AM

Morten L. wrote:
> Hi and thnx for spending time reading this
>
> I'm trying to get my old P2B-DS HW.ver 1.06 up and running with a Celeron
> 900 (1,75V 100MHz FSB)
> in a ASUSS 370DL CPU-card
>
> BIOS is upgraded to 1014Beta3 and the Mobo is working fine with my old
> 350MHz
>

> I cannot for sure find out, how to set the clockmultiplier.. ?!?!
You don't and you can't - cpu is locked and has fixed multiplier. Set
the onboard multiplier to anything you want, it doesn't matter.

> FSB is set to 100MHz
Good.

> generally ideas - or knowledge from similar systems is much appreciated
That should work without issues. Set the slotket to coppermine, and if
it doesn't boot, set the voltage jumpers on the S370DL to 1.8V - though
1.06 board revisions pretty much all seem to have voltage regulators
which can go down to 1.3V only 1.06 pcba D03 ones are guaranteed to have
them.

Roland
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 2, 2004 8:41:20 PM

> > generally ideas - or knowledge from similar systems is much appreciated
> That should work without issues. Set the slotket to coppermine, and if
> it doesn't boot, set the voltage jumpers on the S370DL to 1.8V - though
> 1.06 board revisions pretty much all seem to have voltage regulators
> which can go down to 1.3V only 1.06 pcba D03 ones are guaranteed to have
> them.
>
> Roland

THNX !!!

It works now.