Finding an updated XP driver for USB 1.1 port

Machine: IBM ThinkPad T23 with USB 1.1 ports.

Im at the current maintenance level for IBM and Microsoft.

The Universal Serial Bus Controllers and Standard Universal PCI to USB
host controlers are Intel chip sets.

The desktop Iomega HDD 80 is backward compatible to USB 1.1 ports.
Each time I try to install it, Windows informs me that it has found a
hard drive but nothing else. The hard drive does not appear in My
Computer.

When I look at the device manager, I see an exclamation point in a
triangle next to an entry which states "usb Mass Storage Device". When
I look at the properties of this message it contains the following
statement. "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

The Iomega site indicates I need an updated driver for USB1.1. I'm
directed to look on the manufacturers site. I looked on the at the
IBM site. They directed me to the Microsoft site which directed me to
the Intel site.

I cannot find an updated driver on this or any other site.

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Jim

USB 1.1 is built-in to Xp. USB 2.0 is built-in to XP Service Pack 1(a).

You may have to install the Intel chipset drivers to get the USB 1.1
updated.

"JimO" <oreillyjc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Machine: IBM ThinkPad T23 with USB 1.1 ports.
>
> Im at the current maintenance level for IBM and Microsoft.
>
> The Universal Serial Bus Controllers and Standard Universal PCI to USB
> host controlers are Intel chip sets.
>
> The desktop Iomega HDD 80 is backward compatible to USB 1.1 ports.
> Each time I try to install it, Windows informs me that it has found a
> hard drive but nothing else. The hard drive does not appear in My
> Computer.
>
> When I look at the device manager, I see an exclamation point in a
> triangle next to an entry which states "usb Mass Storage Device". When
> I look at the properties of this message it contains the following
> statement. "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
>
> The Iomega site indicates I need an updated driver for USB1.1. I'm
> directed to look on the manufacturers site. I looked on the at the
> IBM site. They directed me to the Microsoft site which directed me to
> the Intel site.
>
> I cannot find an updated driver on this or any other site.
>
> Any Ideas?
>

> Thanks, Jim

Yes: At this point,I realize I have to use the Intel USB 1.1 updated
driver. My problem is that I can't find it.

Have you tried www.intel.com

| Yes: At this point,I realize I have to use the Intel USB
1.1 updated
| driver. My problem is that I can't find it.

I found this in another post:

Recommended Update for Windows XP SP1 (KB822603)
Download size: 341 KB, < 1 minute
This update addresses the "Availability of the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and
2.0 Update" issue in Windows XP and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base
(KB) Article 822603. Download now to install the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and
2.0 update. After you install this item, you may have to restart your
computer