No Microphone Input on A7N8X-E Deluxe

Hi.

It's probably been discussed recently, and I did try to look at past posts,
but my news server only keeps messages for a few days... : (

I'm trying to record sound, using the pink #7 jack on the mobo. Naturally
there is a multitude of settings in Windows, and I have gone through all the
settings I could find, including the various 'properties', 'advanced',
enabling the microphone and setting the volume to max, all with no effect. I
know I'm being a bit vague, but I'm hoping that some of you can point me to
a setting I haven't yet looked at. I know that the source does produce
sound, as I have tried it on another PC. Is there any documentation on how
to set this up on this mobo?

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Henry
Australia

Paul

Splendid

In article <40e4b2ad$0$24743$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>,
"hemyd" <henmydunspam@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> It's probably been discussed recently, and I did try to look at past posts,
> but my news server only keeps messages for a few days... : (
>
> I'm trying to record sound, using the pink #7 jack on the mobo. Naturally
> there is a multitude of settings in Windows, and I have gone through all the
> settings I could find, including the various 'properties', 'advanced',
> enabling the microphone and setting the volume to max, all with no effect. I
> know I'm being a bit vague, but I'm hoping that some of you can point me to
> a setting I haven't yet looked at. I know that the source does produce
> sound, as I have tried it on another PC. Is there any documentation on how
> to set this up on this mobo?
>
> Any advice will be very much appreciated.
>
> Henry
> Australia

1) Put speakers in two channel mode. Some jacks share input and
output functions, so you want to make sure they are not in
output mode.
2) Microphones can have a weaker signal, so there will be a +20dB
microphone boost button somewhere in the mixer. Rather than worry
about that, you could try connecting a line level (~1V) signal
to the jack instead. For example, the output of a Walkman could
be used, to test that input.

You could also experiment with the Line_In jack and your Walkman.

3) Be careful with any mute buttons in the mixer. Some mixer panel
designs make it hard to tell if mute is on or off.

For drivers, there is some advice here.
http://www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html#Drivers

If you still aren't making any progress, try searching here.
When searching for multiple terms, don't forget to click "Search
for all terms".

http://nforcershq.com/forum/search.php

HTH,
Paul