HP Business inkjet 1100d

I have bought a Business inkjet printer. This printer seems to be printing
in so many styles/sizes like 5x7 8x10 etc. But when doing pics of this
nature the pics are blured. I would like to do those in their original size
displayed on pages etc. because the pics don't look good at all.
Does anyone know how to set this up? I ran the test page
and the test page came out fine. I believe I am missing a setting here.

Thank you

"TisMe" <anotherMungjob@invalid.duh> wrote in message
> I have bought a Business inkjet printer. This printer seems to be printing
> in so many styles/sizes like 5x7 8x10 etc. But when doing pics of this
> nature the pics are blured. I would like to do those in their original size
> displayed on pages etc. because the pics don't look good at all.
> Does anyone know how to set this up? I ran the test page
> and the test page came out fine. I believe I am missing a setting here.

If you are printing from web pages or other source material sized for the
screen the typical resolution is only 72ppi. For best quality printing you
will need 200 to 300 ppi. Try printing from a high resolution source. Also
make sure you are selecting the proper paper type and quality settings in the
printer driver.

Regards,
Microsoft Printing/Imaging MVP

:
: If you are printing from web pages or other source material sized for
: the screen the typical resolution is only 72ppi. For best quality
: printing you will need 200 to 300 ppi. Try printing from a high
: resolution source. Also make sure you are selecting the proper paper
: type and quality settings in the printer driver.
:
: Regards,
: Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

--
DEFINITION: Computer - A device created to speed up errors.

Bob Headrick wrote:
[...]

I have been in the help files, and it says I need to access the PCL 3
printer driver. Well It says that I Need to click the pic or page to print,
and then go to the file menu and select print, which should bring up the PCL
3 printer driver. It doesn't. I get this damn wizard instead. I want to
use HPs setting etc. I used HP printer settings in the past on older
printers and found out I had way more options when it came to printing. I
think what has happened is that a MS wizard has taken over this printer.
How can I fix this?

--

> I have been in the help files, and it says I need to access the PCL 3
> printer driver. Well It says that I Need to click the pic or page to print,
> and then go to the file menu and select print, which should bring up the PCL
> 3 printer driver. It doesn't. I get this damn wizard instead. I want to
> use HPs setting etc. I used HP printer settings in the past on older
> printers and found out I had way more options when it came to printing. I
> think what has happened is that a MS wizard has taken over this printer.
> How can I fix this?

You do not mention which OS you have, but for most versions of Windows do the
following: first unplug the printer from the computer. Next remove the current
printer (Start, Control Panes, Printers and Faxes, select the 1100d, then
delete the printer. Now download the driver from
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=306732&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=306730&submit.y=8&submit.x=7&lang=en&cc=us
selecting the proper driver for your OS.

Install the driver as indicated in the file you download and reconnect the
printer when the installation software tells you to.

Regards,