Unmountable_Boot_Volume

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Does anyone know how to get rid of this error? All I get
is a blue screen saying that.. I don't have my copy of the
XP cd.. What happend was my monitor went out and I was
using one that didn't come with my PC, then the power went
out and this is what I ended up with.
Someone Please Help....

peter

Hi,

The Boot.ini is corrupted during power interruption.
For this, run the Recovery Console (see below) and use bootcfg /rebuild to correct it.

HOW TO: Install and Use the Recovery Console in Windows XP [Q307654]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307654

Borrow an XP CD for your version (Home or Pro) from your friend.
Boot into BIOS and change the boot sequence that the CD-rom is the first boot device, save and exit BIOS settings.
Restart the PC and boot from the XP CD, select Recovery Console by pressing the R key.
In the Recovery console command prompt, type in BOOTCFG /REBUILD and then press ENTER key.
Let it run until finished and then exit Recovery Console.
Reboot the PC.

CARE: make sure your AC power supply is working normally before starting this task.

Hope it helps.

Peter

----- John wrote: -----

Does anyone know how to get rid of this error? All I get
is a blue screen saying that.. I don't have my copy of the
XP cd.. What happend was my monitor went out and I was
using one that didn't come with my PC, then the power went
out and this is what I ended up with.
Someone Please Help....

Hi

Try the following link to MVP Jim Eshelman's web page:

"0x000000ED: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0xed

--

Will Denny