A7V8x-X - Compatable AGP video card???

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 3, 2004 11:45:35 AM

Manual says you must run an AGP card that runs at 1.5 volts. I have an older
ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro Rage. ATI site says it will run at 1.5 or 3.3
volts. Can I use this card with the A7V8x-x? If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks
July 3, 2004 1:53:20 PM

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 07:45:35 -0400, "Mark" <analogkid12@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Manual says you must run an AGP card that runs at 1.5 volts. I have an older
>ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro Rage. ATI site says it will run at 1.5 or 3.3
>volts. Can I use this card with the A7V8x-x? If so, what do I need to do?
>
>Thanks

If the card supports 1.5v it should work no problem, just plug it in.
Ed
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2004 12:22:50 AM

According to the manual it should work. A friend and I have had all
kinds of problems with Radeon AGP cards. PC runs and then crashes for
no apparent reason. I hae 2 PCs with this board because my first one
worked fine with a Ge Force5200 by Maddog Multimedia. Neither MB
works well with Sapphire Atlantis 9600SE but the older one (by
3months) works somewhat. The newer one is driving me nuts. I bought
an Antec 430 PSU and it didn't make much difference, if any. I have
Bios 1011, it made no difference from 1009.

If anyone has any answers TIA molto.

"Mark" <analogkid12@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<T92dnYLS8ID_AXvdRVn-hw@comcast.com>...
> Manual says you must run an AGP card that runs at 1.5 volts. I have an older
> ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro Rage. ATI site says it will run at 1.5 or 3.3
> volts. Can I use this card with the A7V8x-x? If so, what do I need to do?
>
> Thanks
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2004 5:39:42 PM

Dont worry, it has no problems using ANY videocard. I have a number of the
a7n8x-x boards (cant get enough of em) and have used them with varying
videocards from Radeons to FX's all with no troubles at all.
It could be that youve just got a board which has a freaky agp slot - which
amounts to bad luck. But from what it sounds like, check your RAM. Crashing
for 'no apparent reason' smells like bad ram straight off.

"Spammers Are Baffled" <CarlTuba@juno.com> wrote in message
> According to the manual it should work. A friend and I have had all
> kinds of problems with Radeon AGP cards. PC runs and then crashes for
> no apparent reason. I hae 2 PCs with this board because my first one
> worked fine with a Ge Force5200 by Maddog Multimedia. Neither MB
> works well with Sapphire Atlantis 9600SE but the older one (by
> 3months) works somewhat. The newer one is driving me nuts. I bought
> an Antec 430 PSU and it didn't make much difference, if any. I have
> Bios 1011, it made no difference from 1009.
>
> If anyone has any answers TIA molto.
>

> "Mark" <analogkid12@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Manual says you must run an AGP card that runs at 1.5 volts. I have an
older
> > ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro Rage. ATI site says it will run at 1.5 or 3.3
> > volts. Can I use this card with the A7V8x-x? If so, what do I need to
do?

> > Thanks
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 7, 2012 1:30:51 PM

Hy,my problem in grafic card ATI RADEON X2270 is compatibile motherboat ASUS A7VBX_X.THIS COMPATIBILE GRAFIC.Is not reali power ATI.Writer monitor mesige:not cable conecting video card.Pleas help my problem.Write in my email:mirekhronpce@seznam.cz.Your motherboat is hight performace taktic add.two yers performac.they conecting internet mabye offline.offline drivers download two yers and one yers ATI version 1.2. Thank you!!!!!! :)
!