A7V8x-X - Compatable AGP video card???

Manual says you must run an AGP card that runs at 1.5 volts. I have an older
ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro Rage. ATI site says it will run at 1.5 or 3.3
volts. Can I use this card with the A7V8x-x? If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about a7v8x compatable video card

    On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 07:45:35 -0400, "Mark" <analogkid12@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >Manual says you must run an AGP card that runs at 1.5 volts. I have an older
    >ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro Rage. ATI site says it will run at 1.5 or 3.3
    >volts. Can I use this card with the A7V8x-x? If so, what do I need to do?
    >
    >Thanks

    If the card supports 1.5v it should work no problem, just plug it in.
    Ed

    According to the manual it should work. A friend and I have had all
    kinds of problems with Radeon AGP cards. PC runs and then crashes for
    no apparent reason. I hae 2 PCs with this board because my first one
    worked fine with a Ge Force5200 by Maddog Multimedia. Neither MB
    works well with Sapphire Atlantis 9600SE but the older one (by
    3months) works somewhat. The newer one is driving me nuts. I bought
    an Antec 430 PSU and it didn't make much difference, if any. I have
    Bios 1011, it made no difference from 1009.

    If anyone has any answers TIA molto.

    "Mark" <analogkid12@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<T92dnYLS8ID_AXvdRVn-hw@comcast.com>...
    > Manual says you must run an AGP card that runs at 1.5 volts. I have an older
    > ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro Rage. ATI site says it will run at 1.5 or 3.3
    > volts. Can I use this card with the A7V8x-x? If so, what do I need to do?
    >
    > Thanks

    Dont worry, it has no problems using ANY videocard. I have a number of the
    a7n8x-x boards (cant get enough of em) and have used them with varying
    videocards from Radeons to FX's all with no troubles at all.
    It could be that youve just got a board which has a freaky agp slot - which
    amounts to bad luck. But from what it sounds like, check your RAM. Crashing
    for 'no apparent reason' smells like bad ram straight off.

    "Spammers Are Baffled" <CarlTuba@juno.com> wrote in message
    > According to the manual it should work. A friend and I have had all
    > kinds of problems with Radeon AGP cards. PC runs and then crashes for
    > no apparent reason. I hae 2 PCs with this board because my first one
    > worked fine with a Ge Force5200 by Maddog Multimedia. Neither MB
    > works well with Sapphire Atlantis 9600SE but the older one (by
    > 3months) works somewhat. The newer one is driving me nuts. I bought
    > an Antec 430 PSU and it didn't make much difference, if any. I have
    > Bios 1011, it made no difference from 1009.
    >
    > If anyone has any answers TIA molto.
    >

    > "Mark" <analogkid12@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Manual says you must run an AGP card that runs at 1.5 volts. I have an
    older
    > > ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro Rage. ATI site says it will run at 1.5 or 3.3
    > > volts. Can I use this card with the A7V8x-x? If so, what do I need to
    do?

    > > Thanks
  4. Hy,my problem in grafic card ATI RADEON X2270 is compatibile motherboat ASUS A7VBX_X.THIS COMPATIBILE GRAFIC.Is not reali power ATI.Writer monitor mesige:not cable conecting video card.Pleas help my problem.Write in my email:mirekhronpce@seznam.cz.Your motherboat is hight performace taktic add.two yers performac.they conecting internet mabye offline.offline drivers download two yers and one yers ATI version 1.2. Thank you!!!!!! :)

Asus Graphics Cards ATI Motherboards