Lars

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

I don't have any problems running my pc, but the cpu temp runs over 67
degrees C (motherboard >36, athlon 2400+). Do I need a better cooler? I
already removed all dust.

Thanks a lot

Your CPU temp is too hot and yo're going to damage the unit. Time to
explore a better CPU cooling fan, and check the correctness of the fan/CPU
assembly.

--
DaveW

"lars" <lars!raden!@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
> I don't have any problems running my pc, but the cpu temp runs over 67
> degrees C (motherboard >36, athlon 2400+). Do I need a better cooler? I
> already removed all dust.
>
> Thanks a lot

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 00:40:01 +0200, "lars"
<lars!raden!@hotmail.invalid> wrote:

> I don't have any problems running my pc, but the cpu temp runs over 67
> degrees C (motherboard >36, athlon 2400+). Do I need a better cooler?
> I already removed all dust.

Yes. 67°C are high.

lars wrote:

> I don't have any problems running my pc, but the cpu temp runs over 67
> degrees C (motherboard >36, athlon 2400+). Do I need a better cooler? I
> already removed all dust.
>
> Thanks a lot

and a few case fans front and back, make sure the heatsink is correctly
installed with the proper thermal interface.

Hi,
you should renew from time to time the thermal - compound / thermal grease
(i'm german, dont know right name). *please post here
additionally control your voltage setting - voltages above nominal values
causes higher than nessessary current (used power is a product of i*u )
regards jk

Lars

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

"DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in bericht
> Your CPU temp is too hot and yo're going to damage the unit. Time to
> explore a better CPU cooling fan, and check the correctness of the fan/CPU
> assembly.

I think I have te buy better coolers. It is strange: I have two identical
systems (A7V8X-X, Athlon 2400). Both become very hot. In one system I
re-installed the fan renewing the cooling flueid (dutch: koelpasta), but
without result. I understood that an athlon may become hotter than an intel,
but still I am an littlebit nerveus about it. In both systems I placed an
extra case fan.

Greetz, Lars

Yes, read the last week posts on the topic. very detailed.

"lars" <lars!raden!@hotmail.invalid> a écrit dans le message news:
40e735c1$0$1729$abc4f4c3@news.wanadoo.nl...
> I don't have any problems running my pc, but the cpu temp runs over 67
> degrees C (motherboard >36, athlon 2400+). Do I need a better cooler? I
> already removed all dust.
>
> Thanks a lot

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <cc8hp0$gq8$04$1@news.t-online.com>, "Juergen Kluth" <JKluthNOSPAM@t-online.de> wrote:
>Hi,
>you should renew from time to time the thermal - compound / thermal grease
>(i'm german, dont know right name). *please post here
>additionally control your voltage setting - voltages above nominal values
>causes higher than nessessary current (used power is a product of i*u )
>regards jk

If you are having to replace regularly the paste under the cpu then you truely
need to invest in better paste. It should never dry out if you use quality
stuff.

"Juergen Kluth" <JKluthNOSPAM@t-online.de> astounded us with: news:cc8hp0$gq8
$04$1@news.t-online.com:

> Hi,
> you should renew from time to time the thermal - compound / thermal grease
> (i'm german, dont know right name). *please post here

Thermal Interface Material (TIM), your English is fine