New help site

Try

http://www.confusedgeeks.com

An alternative to newsgroups, can get friendly help

Take a look!
5 answers Last reply
More about site

    Go away!

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:1085335006.566057@leri.aber.ac.uk,
    Andrew Murray <asm2@aber.ac.uk> hunted and pecked:
    > Try
    >
    > http://www.confusedgeeks.com
    >
    > An alternative to newsgroups, can get friendly help
    >
    > Take a look!

    <spam snipped>

    All universities take a dim view of spamming and - in extreme cases - you
    could be kicked off your course. That'll look good on your CV now, won't it?

    Cerridwen;

    Did you get that from asm2@aber.ac.uk ??

    Is that what the ac is for??
    Like edu in the US?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:c8remp$r3d$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk,
    Cerridwen <cerridwen@celticnet.com> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel wrote:
    > Cerridwen;
    >
    > Did you get that from asm2@aber.ac.uk ??
    >
    > Is that what the ac is for??
    > Like edu in the US?

    Yes. 'Aber' is short for Aberystwyth (aka the University of Mid Wales) - and
    'ac' is an academic domain (can be any educational establisment - school,
    university, college - even a playgroup, nursery or kindergarten could,
    theoretically, have an 'ac' domain, though they don't tend to).

    I'm sure when the IT lab staff find the main server inbox filling up with
    spam and viruses it won't be too long before they track him down! Methinks
    he's a bored first year on an IT course (I very much doubt it's a degree
    course - I visited his webs*ite and read some of his 'advice'. He told one
    poster that lsass.exe was the sasser worm and should be removed!) I'm
    actually surprised he got the A-Levels to go to uni!

    See you've learnt something new! ;o)

    Blessed Be,

    Cerri

    Cerri;

    I always learn something new, usually the hard way.
    This was easy. :-)

    Say hi to Tegid Voeland.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:c8rni6$tj8$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk,
    Cerridwen <cerridwen@celticnet.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Wesley Vogel wrote:
    >> Cerridwen;
    >>
    >> Did you get that from asm2@aber.ac.uk ??
    >>
    >> Is that what the ac is for??
    >> Like edu in the US?
    >
    > Yes. 'Aber' is short for Aberystwyth (aka the University of Mid
    > Wales) - and 'ac' is an academic domain (can be any educational
    > establisment - school, university, college - even a playgroup,
    > nursery or kindergarten could, theoretically, have an 'ac' domain,
    > though they don't tend to).
    >
    > I'm sure when the IT lab staff find the main server inbox filling up
    > with spam and viruses it won't be too long before they track him
    > down! Methinks he's a bored first year on an IT course (I very much
    > doubt it's a degree course - I visited his webs*ite and read some of
    > his 'advice'. He told one poster that lsass.exe was the sasser worm
    > and should be removed!) I'm actually surprised he got the A-Levels to
    > go to uni!
    >
    > See you've learnt something new! ;o)
    >
    > Blessed Be,
    >
    > Cerri