  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:49:29 AM

Hi folks!
Few days ago Steam stopped loading my server-favorites.
The according file "serverbrowser.vdf" is still there and OK.
I tried the tips from Steam's trobleshooting-page, installed Steam
again, deleted serverbrowser.vdf, deleted ClientRegistry.blob, etc..
Nothing helped.
I remember that i had exactly the same problem months ago, but
i can't remember how i solved it.
Could it have to do with a Steam-update? (Something like that
i have in mind..)
Any tips or ideas?
ru, BM

More about : favorites

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 2:52:36 PM

I doubt its anything to do with steam update. You could just use another
server manager, I find HLSW the best.

--

Bandulu

.................The stressed-gamer must exhibit grace under
pressure.........
........................the most important thing is not to crack...........

-=Quality HL1 and HL2 Servers from £12 a month for 10 player private,
contact me for details=-

Visit http://www.stressed-out.org to find out more or visit #stressed on
quakenet......

"Burkhardt Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message
> Hi folks!
> Few days ago Steam stopped loading my server-favorites.
> The according file "serverbrowser.vdf" is still there and OK.
> I tried the tips from Steam's trobleshooting-page, installed Steam
> again, deleted serverbrowser.vdf, deleted ClientRegistry.blob, etc..
> Nothing helped.
> I remember that i had exactly the same problem months ago, but
> i can't remember how i solved it.
> Could it have to do with a Steam-update? (Something like that
> i have in mind..)
> Any tips or ideas?
> ru, BM

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 9:41:11 PM

"Burkhardt Müller" <wurstwasser@gmx.org> wrote in message
> Hi folks!
> Few days ago Steam stopped loading my server-favorites.
> The according file "serverbrowser.vdf" is still there and OK.
> I tried the tips from Steam's trobleshooting-page, installed Steam
> again, deleted serverbrowser.vdf, deleted ClientRegistry.blob, etc..
> Nothing helped.
> I remember that i had exactly the same problem months ago, but
> i can't remember how i solved it.
> Could it have to do with a Steam-update? (Something like that
> i have in mind..)
> Any tips or ideas?

The last 2nd to last (or 3rd to last) steam update had a bug where the
favourites were not remembered while in a game but that was fixed a few days
later. The latest update is fine for me and I can't see any whinges on steam
forums.

You haven't accidentally set a filter that is filtering out your favourites by
any chance?
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 4:43:31 AM

Hi again!
Thanx for tips! I fixed it now. Had to delete the whole "config"-folder
and ClientRegistry.blob. Now all my favorites are lost but the new
ones are saved and stay there.
I tried HLSW some time ago, but it was a little bit too complicated
for me to set it up the way i like. Maybe i'll try it again sometimes,
it's still installed.
ru, BM