About ASUS and CPU cool fan speed

What I have to do so that the Asus P4C800 Deluxe controls the speed of
the CPU cool fan so that this one is minimum when the CPU is cold and
it increases when the CPU is hot? Previously the speed was regulated
automatically, but now this one is always the max. How do I have to
configure the BIOS to control the cool fan speed? Can be necessary to do
something in Windows XP?
Some days ago the CPU cool fan varied the speed correctly, but now I
don't know what I did :-(
Thanks!!!

On the P4P800-E Deluxe board, you go into BIOS>Power>Hardware Monitor and
enable Q-Fan. Is that what you were referring to?

John

"Mortadelo" <mortadelo@filemon_pi.com> wrote in message
> What I have to do so that the Asus P4C800 Deluxe controls the speed of
> the CPU cool fan so that this one is minimum when the CPU is cold and
> it increases when the CPU is hot? Previously the speed was regulated
> automatically, but now this one is always the max. How do I have to
> configure the BIOS to control the cool fan speed? Can be necessary to do
> something in Windows XP?
> Some days ago the CPU cool fan varied the speed correctly, but now I
> don't know what I did :-(
> Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!
Your instructions resolved my problem.
Silly of me for not having noted that the solution was in front my nose :)

John Blaustein escribió:
> On the P4P800-E Deluxe board, you go into BIOS>Power>Hardware Monitor and
> enable Q-Fan. Is that what you were referring to?
>
> John
>
> "Mortadelo" <mortadelo@filemon_pi.com> wrote in message
>
>>What I have to do so that the Asus P4C800 Deluxe controls the speed of
>>the CPU cool fan so that this one is minimum when the CPU is cold and
>>it increases when the CPU is hot? Previously the speed was regulated
>>automatically, but now this one is always the max. How do I have to
>>configure the BIOS to control the cool fan speed? Can be necessary to do
>>something in Windows XP?
>>Some days ago the CPU cool fan varied the speed correctly, but now I
>>don't know what I did :-(
>>Thanks!!!

Mortadelo,

I'm happy to help! I started visiting this NG a month or so ago and have
gotten an enormous amount of help from others as I researched and then
bought all the parts to assemble my own system (for the first time). I've
been studying the BIOS settings -- trying to learn what each one does -- so
your message caught my eye immediately.