Dvd writer to dvd writer

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

HI...i have a dvd burner and a Dvd rom..unit in my computer...my dvd rom
couldnt read dvd-r w...so i decided to in stall another dvd write..will this
cause a conflict when i try to copt disk to disk...using both dvd
writers...my question will one read and the other write
Thanks

jay

no it wont result with a conflict as you can set your dvd
rom as a "master" and your dvd-writer as a "slave" (these
are the settings on the back of each drive,they have a
plastic clip that is removable and shorts out the two
connection pins, these are labled "M" "S" and "CS" ^^^
read as above to set these)

but as our question asks, you still wont b able to copy a
dvd-r from drive to drive, the only way 2 do it will to be
to copy it in the dvd-writer stand alone, probably will
take the same ammount of time to be honest.