Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

I recently installed a DVD writer to my system and now
nearly every time I start my system windows asks me to re
activate my windows. I do this and it says that it has
been successful only to ask again with in a few system
starts. Has anyone got an idea as to what has caused this
and how to stop it.
Thanks
Pete

Hi Pete

Have done the same in the last few days. No re-activation ask for here.
Any other hardware added/deleted? Have a look at the following article by
MVP Alex Nichol:

"Windows Product Activation (WPA) on Windows XP"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.php

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User