Sign in with
Your question

Canon i9100 printer does not print all colors

Last response: in Windows 7
January 17, 2011 7:33:12 PM

Hello,
While printing out a test patern the printer does not print the photo magenta or the yellow colors.this printer worked fine for 3 years and now this. I have changed both cartridges and the problem is still there I have also did deep cleaning and have removed the heads and cleaned them with cleaning fluid.
Can some one help me on this one.
Thank you
Denis Newberry
a c 371 $ Windows 7
January 17, 2011 9:04:47 PM

could be shot mine only lasted 2 years!
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2011 3:23:14 AM

Bad print head.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 25, 2011 4:39:14 PM

Thank you for your replies, I also think that I need a new printhead but it never hurts to ask.
BigDen
February 4, 2011 3:55:21 PM

Well here is the second episode in regards to Canon i9100 print head replacement.
Canon in their wisdom decide to make this printer obsolete has of 30 of December of 2010 so
now there are no print heads available anywhere on the net. Here I am with an expensive printer
that unless I luck out and find a replacement print head will be garbage.
I do not know how Canon can just stop the supply of spare parts without any regards for the ones that
paid good money for a wide carriage printer , you would think that they could at least offer a discount
on a newer model so much for Canon public relations, for my part I will sure think twice before buying another Canon product.
Is there anyone out there that can help me find a print head (QY6-0039) or knows how to forward
this message to Canon.
!