How much $ to sell my PC

How much do you think it should cost to sell my PC?
Specs.
Aspire X-Dreamer II - 7 months old
UPGRADED PSU TO 400W and 8 connectors - 6 months old
Additional blue LED aluminum case fan - 3 weeks old
3-pin extension cable for case fan - 3 weeks old
Memorex 52x32x52 CD RW drive - 3 months old
Lite On 16x DVD drive - 1 year old
Panasonic 3 1/2" floppy drive
WD 80GB 7200RPM 2MB cache hard drive - 1 1/2 years old
WD 120GB 7200RPM 8MB cache hard drive - 10 months old
Asus A7V333 motherboard revision 1.xx NO RAID - 1 1/2 years old
Kingston HyperX PC-3000 512MB DDR RAM - 7 months old
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ OC'd to 2.2GHz (multiplier upped only) - 9 months old
Chaintech GeForce3 Ti200 128MB TV out video card (gold) - 1 1/2 years old
Creative Live! 5.1 sound card - 1 1/2 years old
Linksys 10/100 network card - 8 months old
Dual cold cathode lights (blue) - 3 weeks old
-8 USB ports total
*Do not include the OS

This computer is used mainly for music, e-mail, pictures, and light gaming.
OS used: Windows XP Home
13 answers Last reply
More about sell

    It will cost you $50. Send your computer and $50 to me and I will sell it
    for you.

    I worded the beginning wrong... It should say: How much money should I
    sell it for if I were to sell it? I don't plan on selling it at this exact
    moment, but maybe in a few months.
    "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > It will cost you $50. Send your computer and $50 to me and I will sell it
    > for you.

    > "Canus_Lupis" wrote
    > > It will cost you $50. Send your computer and $50 to me and I will sell it
    > > for you.

    "Travis King" wrote

    > I worded the beginning wrong... It should say: How much money should I
    > sell it for if I were to sell it? I don't plan on selling it at this exact
    > moment, but maybe in a few months.

    In a few months it will be so obsolete Canus_Lupis will want $100 to take it off
    your hands. I'd suggest going for the $50 now, before he changes his mind.
    ;-)

    Have to keep in mind your asking in an area of peeps that build there own
    and know where to get the parts the cheapest. You'd be better off to go look
    at ebay and see what a comprable system sells for.

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 03:35:24 GMT, "Travis King" <Anonymous@none.com>
    wrote:

    Seriously, I wouldn't pay more then about $200, used stuff ya know. ;p
    Ed

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:27:07 GMT, "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >It will cost you $50. Send your computer and $50 to me and I will sell it
    >for you.

    I'll do it for $45!

    ;-)

    Ha ha ha... cute... NOT.
    "daytripper" <day_trippr@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:27:07 GMT, "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    > >It will cost you $50. Send your computer and $50 to me and I will sell it
    > >for you.
    >
    > I'll do it for $45!
    >
    > ;-)

    No more than about $200.

    They can buy a faster newer machine with 1 year warranty for just a
    little more than double that.

    Pj

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:31:24 GMT, "Travis King" <Anonymous@none.com> wrote:
    >"daytripper" <day_trippr@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:27:07 GMT, "Canus_Lupis" <OldFart@hotmail.com>
    >wrote:
    >>
    >> >It will cost you $50. Send your computer and $50 to me and I will sell it
    >> >for you.
    >>
    >> I'll do it for $45!
    >>
    >> ;-)

    >Ha ha ha... cute... NOT.

    Ok then. $55, and that's my final offer...

    ;-)

    145.00 its a Athlon processor. You could break out the compontes and sale
    them individual and get more for it that way. No one wants used stuff.

    "Travis King" <Anonymous@none.com> wrote in message
    > How much do you think it should cost to sell my PC?
    > Specs.
    > Aspire X-Dreamer II - 7 months old
    > UPGRADED PSU TO 400W and 8 connectors - 6 months old
    > Additional blue LED aluminum case fan - 3 weeks old
    > 3-pin extension cable for case fan - 3 weeks old
    > Memorex 52x32x52 CD RW drive - 3 months old
    > Lite On 16x DVD drive - 1 year old
    > Panasonic 3 1/2" floppy drive
    > WD 80GB 7200RPM 2MB cache hard drive - 1 1/2 years old
    > WD 120GB 7200RPM 8MB cache hard drive - 10 months old
    > Asus A7V333 motherboard revision 1.xx NO RAID - 1 1/2 years old
    > Kingston HyperX PC-3000 512MB DDR RAM - 7 months old
    > AMD Athlon XP 2400+ OC'd to 2.2GHz (multiplier upped only) - 9 months old
    > Chaintech GeForce3 Ti200 128MB TV out video card (gold) - 1 1/2 years old
    > Creative Live! 5.1 sound card - 1 1/2 years old
    > Linksys 10/100 network card - 8 months old
    > Dual cold cathode lights (blue) - 3 weeks old
    > -8 USB ports total
    > *Do not include the OS
    >
    > This computer is used mainly for music, e-mail, pictures, and light
    gaming.
    > OS used: Windows XP Home

    P4's are expensive for no more performance than what they do. The only
    advantage to a P4 is that it's more overclockable. The clock speed is a
    hoax with a P4. Sandra shows my CPU running around the speed of a 3.2GHz
    P4-C 512L2 cache processor for the most part. My CPU is showing 8350 MIPs
    while it shows an average 3.2GHz P4 7869 MIPs. Mine shows 3454 MFLOPS while
    the P4 shows 2365 MFLOPs.
    "Stone" <not@aol.com> wrote in message
    > 145.00 its a Athlon processor. You could break out the compontes and sale
    > them individual and get more for it that way. No one wants used stuff.
    >

    > "Travis King" <Anonymous@none.com> wrote in message
    > > How much do you think it should cost to sell my PC?
    > > Specs.
    > > Aspire X-Dreamer II - 7 months old
    > > UPGRADED PSU TO 400W and 8 connectors - 6 months old
    > > Additional blue LED aluminum case fan - 3 weeks old
    > > 3-pin extension cable for case fan - 3 weeks old
    > > Memorex 52x32x52 CD RW drive - 3 months old
    > > Lite On 16x DVD drive - 1 year old
    > > Panasonic 3 1/2" floppy drive
    > > WD 80GB 7200RPM 2MB cache hard drive - 1 1/2 years old
    > > WD 120GB 7200RPM 8MB cache hard drive - 10 months old
    > > Asus A7V333 motherboard revision 1.xx NO RAID - 1 1/2 years old
    > > Kingston HyperX PC-3000 512MB DDR RAM - 7 months old
    > > AMD Athlon XP 2400+ OC'd to 2.2GHz (multiplier upped only) - 9 months
    old
    > > Chaintech GeForce3 Ti200 128MB TV out video card (gold) - 1 1/2 years
    old
    > > Creative Live! 5.1 sound card - 1 1/2 years old
    > > Linksys 10/100 network card - 8 months old
    > > Dual cold cathode lights (blue) - 3 weeks old
    > > -8 USB ports total
    > > *Do not include the OS
    > >
    > > This computer is used mainly for music, e-mail, pictures, and light
    > gaming.
    > > OS used: Windows XP Home

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:50:59 GMT, in <alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus>,
    "Travis King" <Anonymous@none.com> wrote:

    > I worded the beginning wrong... It should say: How much money should I
    > sell it for if I were to sell it?
    [snip]

    Whatever someone is actually willing to pay at the moment you actually try to
    sell it.

    > I don't plan on selling it at this exact
    > moment, but maybe in a few months.
    [snip]

    Which renders any answer other than the one above wrong, by definition.

    Does the phrase "rapidly depreciating asset" ring a bell?

    --

    Jay T. Blocksom
    --------------------------------

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
    Unsolicited advertising sent to this domain is expressly prohibited under
    47 USC S227 and State Law. Violators are subject to prosecution.

    Travis King wrote:

    > How much do you think it should cost to sell my PC?
    > Specs.
    > Aspire X-Dreamer II - 7 months old
    whatever a case $40

    > UPGRADED PSU TO 400W and 8 connectors - 6 months old
    noname $40

    > Additional blue LED aluminum case fan - 3 weeks old
    > 3-pin extension cable for case fan - 3 weeks old
    $5

    > Memorex 52x32x52 CD RW drive - 3 months old
    $35
    > Lite On 16x DVD drive - 1 year old
    $25
    > Panasonic 3 1/2" floppy drive
    $5
    > WD 80GB 7200RPM 2MB cache hard drive - 1 1/2 years old
    $60
    > WD 120GB 7200RPM 8MB cache hard drive - 10 months old
    $90
    > Asus A7V333 motherboard revision 1.xx NO RAID - 1 1/2 years old
    $50
    > Kingston HyperX PC-3000 512MB DDR RAM - 7 months old
    $90? cant be bothered to look it up

    > AMD Athlon XP 2400+ OC'd to 2.2GHz (multiplier upped only) - 9 months old
    $60

    > Chaintech GeForce3 Ti200 128MB TV out video card (gold) - 1 1/2 years old
    $75

    > Creative Live! 5.1 sound card - 1 1/2 years old
    $20
    > Linksys 10/100 network card - 8 months old
    $5
    > Dual cold cathode lights (blue) - 3 weeks old
    $5
    > -8 USB ports total
    > *Do not include the OS
    >
    > This computer is used mainly for music, e-mail, pictures, and light gaming.
    > OS used: Windows XP Home

    500-700USD depending on who your selling to and how desperate they or you
    are.
    Im canadian, so guessing in american dollars isnt my thing :)

    Gordon

Asus Motherboards