No audio from DVD headphone jack

I have the drive below and I am running it under WindowsXP
Professional SP1.

The drive is working but I cannot get any sound in my
headphones (connected to the drive directly) when playing
an AUDIO CD. I tried two different headphone sets.

Is there a solution to the problem (a patch, firmware,
etc...)?

Thanks in advance,
Marcelo

Artec DVD Burner / 8x4x12x DVD+RW / 4x2x12x DVD-RW /
24x10x40x CD-RW / Dual Format

Hey Marcelo,

Sounds like a hardware fault to me. I don't think it could be anything
else, the headphone socket in the front of any drive is not subject to your
computers software. I wouldnt have thought that you need a firmware update
to get it working either, it should be working straight out of the box
unless of course it is some un-finished prototype! Anyway, hope this helps!

Nick.

"Marcelo M J" <mollica@mail.com> wrote in message
> I have the drive below and I am running it under WindowsXP
> Professional SP1.
>
> The drive is working but I cannot get any sound in my
> headphones (connected to the drive directly) when playing
> an AUDIO CD. I tried two different headphone sets.
>
> Is there a solution to the problem (a patch, firmware,
> etc...)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marcelo
>

> Artec DVD Burner / 8x4x12x DVD+RW / 4x2x12x DVD-RW /
> 24x10x40x CD-RW / Dual Format

Thanks, Nick.

I had posted the same question in the "Music" group. Someone there suggested looking into Media Player configuration: my drive was configured there as "digital" (and they say if that´s the case the headphone socket does not work; it seems that in the case the computer is instructing the drive to send the music digitally) After changing it to Analog mode (and doing the same in Device Manager for the drive configuration itself), it worked !!!

Thanks much,
Marcelo