Samsung 170t

Does anyone know what the response time is for the Samsung 170t? I've looked on Samsung's website and it is not listed and I've searched the web and haven't found much. Other than this unknown, the specs look great.

Yikes, that must be why they don't list it. What would you suggest as a good 17" DVI LCD for gaming?

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
In yahoo I looked upt 170t and all of the websites said less than 50ms. Also look at the fact that it refreshes at 60Hz at native res., not 75. I don't like that. Sometimes vendors only say the rise or fall time to make teh response time seem less.

U got a problem?! Then dial 1800-328-7448!

I sent an e-mail to Samsung to get a definite answer. According to them it is 40ms.

Dear Customer,

Refering to the time it takes to turn on a pixel from black to white is 20ms. The time it takes to turn off a pixel from white to black is 20ms. ovious the full cycle would take 40ms or there abouts.

Thank you for purchasing Samsung.

Sincerely yours,
Customer Care Center

* * Email Samsung Technical Support; techsup@seasvc.samsung.com
* * Phone; 1-800-SAMSUNG (800-726-7864), Department of Computer Technical Support.
* * Software drivers, printable user's guides, product information, FAQs, and service centers, can be found at our web site http://www.samsungusa.com. Also helpful may be http://www.samsungelectronics.com, http://www.samsungmonitor.com, http://www.samtron.com, http://www.sosimple.com/service/hddcdxra.asp#raf, http://www.samsungparts.com/, http://www.networktechinc.com/, or http://peripherals.about.com/

* The best time to call for technical support is between 9:00 AM through 9:00 PM Eastern time Monday through Friday.
* The correct model number is required for proper technical support assistance. Please be sure to correspond with any necessary information during any on-going e-mail support because there may not be an event history saved regarding your concern.

I’ve seen advertised the new Samsung SyncMaster 171T with what they call an Xtrawide viewing angle of 170º/170º and PVA technology (seems like a kind of MVA). The brightness is 250 cd/m2 and the contrast 400:1 with a response time of 30ms. I didn’t found anything in the internet yet but the advertisement is for Christmas. You can find a little more if you search in the internet for the model 171b that has only a analog conection but seems otherwise identical