K8V and True Image 7 restore problem.

Anyone have an issue restoring an image made with True Image 7?

I can make an image of Drive 1 and save it to Drive 2. I can also explore
the image file and extract individual files with ease. When I go and try to
restore that image file from drive 2 back to drive 1, TI7 reboots as it
normally does, dispayys the message - Loading, Please Wait.... and then just
hangs.

I have tried booting from the emergency rescue disk and booting from the
program disk and it still hangs at this same point.

I had no issues restoring with my old A7V and the same 2 drives.

Anyone have any idea what could be affecting the restore hang seeing I never
make it to windows?

I'm running BIOS 1001, everything has been working great up until this.
Should I really upgrade to 1003?

Tim

Bob,
How are your drives connected? IDE? If so then I have no idea.
If it is SATA and they are running as SATA (not IDE) then you will need to
load drivers.
- Tim

"Bob Petruska" <petruska@mail.microserve.net> wrote in message
> Anyone have an issue restoring an image made with True Image 7?
>
> I can make an image of Drive 1 and save it to Drive 2. I can also explore
> the image file and extract individual files with ease. When I go and try
> restore that image file from drive 2 back to drive 1, TI7 reboots as it
> normally does, dispayys the message - Loading, Please Wait.... and then
> just
> hangs.
>
> I have tried booting from the emergency rescue disk and booting from the
> program disk and it still hangs at this same point.
>
> I had no issues restoring with my old A7V and the same 2 drives.
>
> Anyone have any idea what could be affecting the restore hang seeing I
> never
> make it to windows?
>
> I'm running BIOS 1001, everything has been working great up until this.
> Should I really upgrade to 1003?

Both HDs are Maxtor 120 G, PATAs on the standard IDE primary port..

Acronis True Image 7 has another rescue disk you can make and they implyit's
a lower level boot disk. This disk does boot on my system and will restore
the image to the drive. So I now feel a little more comfortable, but still
wonder why I can't run from windows, go into shutdown, reboot and restore as
on the A7V MB.

Acronis has not replied to my inquiry on this issue.

Tim, one other question. Can the Promise IDE RAID port run the 2 PATA
drives as individual drives, boot, etc if I change the Promise to IDE in the
BIOS? Or are is this port for RAID configurations only.

I guess I'm running fairly flawlessly that I shouldn't be reconfiguring so
much or complaining about some small shortcomings.

Bob P.

> Both HDs are Maxtor 120 G, PATAs on the standard IDE primary port..
>
> Acronis True Image 7 has another rescue disk you can make and they
implyit's
> a lower level boot disk. This disk does boot on my system and will
restore
> the image to the drive. So I now feel a little more comfortable, but
still
> wonder why I can't run from windows, go into shutdown, reboot and restore
as
> on the A7V MB.
>
> Acronis has not replied to my inquiry on this issue.
>
> Tim, one other question. Can the Promise IDE RAID port run the 2 PATA
> drives as individual drives, boot, etc if I change the Promise to IDE in
the
> BIOS? Or are is this port for RAID configurations only.

The Promise will do separate drives. Try it.

The problem is fixed. I emailed Ancronis (True Image) and sent them the
boot data. They fixed the problem with build V627. Works fine now from a
Windows, autoexit, reboot into the restore, or the boot disk.

"Bob Petruska" <petruska@mail.microserve.net> wrote in message
> Anyone have an issue restoring an image made with True Image 7?
>
> I can make an image of Drive 1 and save it to Drive 2. I can also explore
> the image file and extract individual files with ease. When I go and try
> restore that image file from drive 2 back to drive 1, TI7 reboots as it
> normally does, dispayys the message - Loading, Please Wait.... and then
just
> hangs.
>
> I have tried booting from the emergency rescue disk and booting from the
> program disk and it still hangs at this same point.
>
> I had no issues restoring with my old A7V and the same 2 drives.
>
> Anyone have any idea what could be affecting the restore hang seeing I
never
> make it to windows?
>
> I'm running BIOS 1001, everything has been working great up until this.
> Should I really upgrade to 1003?

I only see build 613 on their web page. I'm having
a problem using True Image on my K8V-SE DLX
and they sent a reply saying that it didn't support
that VIA chip set yet, but it would in later builds.
This was about a week ago.

Jim M