matrix

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003

What's the fastest CPU an Asus P2B motherboard can run reliably?
Mine has a Celeron 300A right now but faster CPUs are available on Ebay so
I'm thinking about upgrading it dirt cheap.

TIA

Paul

Splendid

In article <BIqHc.3836$X84.2426@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>, "matrix"
<matrix@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What's the fastest CPU an Asus P2B motherboard can run reliably?
> Mine has a Celeron 300A right now but faster CPUs are available on Ebay so
> I'm thinking about upgrading it dirt cheap.
>
> TIA

Powerleap 1.4GHz ?

http://www.powerleap.com/PL-iP3T.html

Your homework assignment:

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/p2b_procupgrade_faq.html
http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=p2b+tualatin+upgrade

HTH,
Paul

The powerleap Tualatin 1.4Ghz is no doubt the most advanced/powerful, but
also the most expensive solution.

The more reasonable solution is to buy an Asus/Abit Slotket and slap a 1Ghz
P3 Coppermine cpu or 1Ghz Coppermine Celeron in your system.

> In article <BIqHc.3836$X84.2426@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>, "matrix"
> <matrix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > What's the fastest CPU an Asus P2B motherboard can run reliably?
> > Mine has a Celeron 300A right now but faster CPUs are available on Ebay
so
> > I'm thinking about upgrading it dirt cheap.
> >
> > TIA
>
> Powerleap 1.4GHz ?
>
> http://www.powerleap.com/PL-iP3T.html
>
> Your homework assignment:
>
> http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/p2b_procupgrade_faq.html
> http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=p2b+tualatin+upgrade
>
> HTH,
> Paul

matrix

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003

| In article <BIqHc.3836$X84.2426@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>, "matrix"
| <matrix@yahoo.com> wrote:
|
| > What's the fastest CPU an Asus P2B motherboard can run reliably?
| > Mine has a Celeron 300A right now but faster CPUs are available on Ebay
so
| > I'm thinking about upgrading it dirt cheap.
| >
| > TIA
|
| Powerleap 1.4GHz ?
|
| http://www.powerleap.com/PL-iP3T.html
|
| Your homework assignment:
|
| http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/p2b_procupgrade_faq.html
| http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod
| http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=p2b+tualatin+upgrade
|
| HTH,
| Paul

Thanks for the reply! :)

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 01:30:41 GMT, "kmchow"
<Volvo740RacingNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The powerleap Tualatin 1.4Ghz is no doubt the most advanced/powerful, but
>also the most expensive solution.
>
>The more reasonable solution is to buy an Asus/Abit Slotket and slap a 1Ghz
>P3 Coppermine cpu or 1Ghz Coppermine Celeron in your system.

Get an old 700mhz coppermine cheap and run it at 133FSB for 933mhz.

Most all the speed of a 1Gig with much less excess heat.

You'll need the right video card, i.e. can handle 89mhz AGP bus.

I think a ATI 8500 or Geforce ti4200 work fine. 3dfx if you want to
play old games.

I forgot to mention if you're fortunate, you can get a 1Ghz Coppermine
Celeron that can take 133mhz and give you 1.3Ghz Celeron. Ditto, like the
last poster said, you have to ensure the AGP video card can take the o/c
FSB. OTOH, you can avoid the problem by going PCI as well. The P2B was
awesome--a '98 era board that can run at 1Ghz+. Asus rocks! I hope my A7N8X
can live up to the P2B!! :D