A7V8X-MX SE USB problems

Hello all!

I'm having problems with USB 2.0 and my A7V8X-MX SE MoBo. I've
installed win xp SP1, it´s all recognized in the device manager, USB
is enabled in the BIOS, but when I plug in any device it's totally
dead. It looks like there´s no power on the USB slots, my memory key
light is never on, nor it's recognized.

System is:

Athlon XP2600+
512MB RAM
120 GB HD Samsung
A7v8x-x MB

Going nuts, help really appreciated

Thankz

Are you using the onboard USB ports? (On the backplate of the motherboard?)
Or perhaps you have mistmatched wiring on your case "front" USB port
extension.

Try loading the latest VIA Hyperion (4in1) drivers.

"Andre Piancastelli" <gigaflop@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> Hello all!
>
> I'm having problems with USB 2.0 and my A7V8X-MX SE MoBo. I've
> installed win xp SP1, it´s all recognized in the device manager, USB
> is enabled in the BIOS, but when I plug in any device it's totally
> dead. It looks like there´s no power on the USB slots, my memory key
> light is never on, nor it's recognized.
>
> System is:
>
> Athlon XP2600+
> 512MB RAM
> 120 GB HD Samsung
> A7v8x-x MB
>
> Going nuts, help really appreciated
>
> Thankz

God bless you, Paul!!!!

It was exactly as you said. The jumpers were side by side = no power.
You solved the problem. Thank you so very much for your help.
It was one HUGE headache you took away.

Thanks again,

Andre