WinXP won't recognize digital camera

I am running WinXP - I have a cheap little e-Vision digital camera from AOL (about 3 - 4 years old). It used to work on XP and now it doesn't. I had to uninstall it (long story)The software will install, needs to be configured to work with XP but none of the configuration setting work now (they did before). The camera is plugged in and turned on, software installed but when you open the software and tell it to download pics of the camera, it says the camera isn't plugged in. HELP!
2 answers Last reply
More about winxp recognize digital camera

    Replace the batteries with fresh, full voltage batteries.

    "Colleen B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | I am running WinXP - I have a cheap little e-Vision
    digital camera from AOL (about 3 - 4 years old). It used to
    work on XP and now it doesn't. I had to uninstall it (long
    story)The software will install, needs to be configured to
    work with XP but none of the configuration setting work now
    (they did before). The camera is plugged in and turned on,
    software installed but when you open the software and tell
    it to download pics of the camera, it says the camera isn't
    plugged in. HELP!

    Fresh new batteries didn't help. Any other ideas?

Cameras Software Windows XP